Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pads restricting movement
  • hammerite
    Free Member

Having started to go out on rides that are pushing me a bit more I decided to get some knee pads last week. I took advantage of a Black Friday deal and got some POC VPD2 knee pads. They had some good reviews.

I’ve not worn them out on a ride yet, just tried them on and wandered round the house in them for a bit. I found that they felt a bit restrictive and it made it a bit more difficult to straighten my leg.

Anyway… is this usual with pads? Are they likely to free up a bit through use? Anyone got any direct experience of these POC pads?

mcnultycop

You don’t straighten your legs as much on the bike as you do walking.

You probably won’t notice them on the bike.

Or maybe you will.

hammerite
    Free Member

I did think that about not straightening my leg when on the bike. So I went out to the garage and pedalled backwards stationary for a min or two 😳 to check them out, they still seemed to restrict a little. Didn’t get time to go out for a ride as my dinner was getting cold!

I’ll test them out properly at the weekend – but was just wondering hence the questions.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tweedviper
    Free Member

As long as you have the correct size the Poc vpd shouldn’t restrict you at all, I bought a size large but they were a tad tight so bought the xl and have been really happy with how comfortable they are, they don’t seem to restrict movement and stay exactly where they should.

rocketman
    Free Member

Obv the VPD warms up when you put them on and turns into a kind of doughy consistency – the clue’s in the acronym 🙂

Best pads I’ve got

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

If you’re not used to wearing pads they are going to feel as bit weird to start with. You’ll find they rapidly fade from your mind when riding.

If they don’t, they probably don’t fit you.

BigDummy
    Free Member

The trick is to get them just right: tight enough to irritate you constantly while you pedal, but loose enough to move immediately in a crash.

🙂

hammerite
    Free Member

Thanks all, guess I better go away and find out what VPD means!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Visco-polymer dough

hammerite
    Free Member

So I found out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pads restricting movement’ is closed to new replies.