Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pads for SLX disc brakes for Chamonix
  • bandit09

Can anyone recommend the best replacement pads for SLX discs for a week in Chamonix. Scintered or organic? OEM or aftermarket brands?

forgotmename
    Free Member

Organic, shimano or EBC, organic pads will wear out faster but they wont boil your oil, as much.

sv

Kevlar SSC ones? Just popped at set into my SLXs.

GEDA
    Free Member

I had the original SLX shimano pads in mine and they lasted all week in Morzine/Passports but it was great weather. In rainy weather you may still want sintered.

RealMan
    Free Member

superstar…. and sintered

cynic-al
    Free Member

EBC sintered have done me well.

nodrog2
    Free Member

Ashima SOS pads are very good.

chakaping
    Free Member

I had the original SLX shimano pads in mine and they lasted all week in Morzine/Passports but it was great weather.

Same here, except there was a fair bit of mud about. Still loads of pad left – and I was braking lots more than normal as we were mainly riding DH.

forge197
    Free Member

I used a2z last year in an xt caliper that takes the same pad as an SLX one, they last well don't remember changing pads during the trip

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If I was going……………….

I'd take 10+ sets of pads, then swap them out every day, just imagine how bedded in pads are at the end of a day in the alps!

Keep meaning to go on a trip to sheffield, just to bed in a load of pads! I swear whatever pads I take there could last a british winter!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pads for SLX disc brakes for Chamonix’ is closed to new replies.