Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • pads for big arms and legs
  • MSP

What are currently considered the best options for those of us with a more err.. powerful build?

My old xl kyle straits are at the end of there life, and nothing else I have tried so far seems to be so amply built. I tried the current 661 rage and could barely get the xl knee pads on my arms never mind my legs.

Others I have tried, RF ambush and indy, dainese trail skins, tld 5450, leatt 3df and those with the shiny plastic exoskeleton at the knee which I forget the name of.

lardman
    Free Member

My rather large legs fit into a pair of RaceFace Flank D30 knee/shin pads. They’re XL, but fit very well with plenty of strap overlap to make sure they stay on.

For the arms, i only buy the neoprene protection type pads anyway, because the hardshell ones never fit me without rubbing.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I tired on every single pair of knee pads in the shop when I was trying to buy mine, finally someone pulled a pair of Raceface Indy D30 pads in XXL from a dusty corner with “I didn’t even know they made this size”.

They just about fit, but the straps are barely holding onto the velro, they’re pretty comfy once I bedded them in. I’ve never measured my thighsm, but my calves are 48cm at their widest point – I’ve tried to peddal a fit faster in a lowee gear to slim them down, I’m down from 50cm…. I’m a freak.

Fat-boy-fat

Race Face Attack d3o (I think) for me on my chunky legs. Bit neat on the arms though.

lardman
    Free Member

In fact, here are mine barely holding on to my calfs.

breninbeener

I have 18″ calves and i have a pr of knee and shin guards that i wore once but are too big for me! If you are interested i need to get rid of them…..
    breninbeenerATgmailDOTcom

shadowfax

Fox launch pads are generous in my experience.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘pads for big arms and legs’ is closed to new replies.