Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Paddington the Movie — It Was Rather Good
  • MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

In a live-action/CGI-Wallace-And-Grommit kind of way.

nickb

I took the kids yesterday and I have to agree – much better than I expected!

Nick

MoreCashThanDash

Getting rave reviews everywhere – including MCJnr who saw it Friday with his uncle

Jakester
    Free Member

Agreed – went to see it yesterday and really enjoyed it. Jnr was a little scared at the taxidermist and TBH he said his favourite bit was the Penguins of Madagascar in the trailers 🙄 but the Mrs and I thought it was great.

That said, nothing beats the old Paddington TV show. The boy went home and dug his DVD out to watch it before bedtime.

SammyC
    Free Member

What age kids would you say it was best suited too?

cheers_drive

Late 30s i’d say 😀

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

i took mine (5yrs) and a friends daughter (8yrs) on saturday and we all loved it.

Jakester
    Free Member

SammyC – Member

Mine’s 4 – I confess, I was a touch surprised it was a PG when the title screen came up, as I expected it to be a ‘U’ (I’d missed the furore about the ‘innuendo’ rating in the news). That said, Jnr was a little scared by Nicole Kidman, but there was nothing in there I would really have concerns about – I think it was as much the immersive setting of a cinema that made it seem ‘more real’ for him.

SammyC
    Free Member

Ah, ok, I was wondering for my youngest @ 3. Probably too young then.

mashiehood
    Free Member

damn it mine is 2.2 and probably too young. he loves his paddi books!

grim168
    Free Member

Taking my mum next week. I’m 46 and she’s 69.

Cougar

Must say, I’m surprised. Saw a few clips on some TV show or other and it looked dire.

Interesting, cheers.

Jakester
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    Must say, I’m surprised. Saw a few clips on some TV show or other and it looked dire.

Interesting, cheers.

I suppose it’s all relative – I enjoyed it in the context of a matinee of a children’s film where it stood out for being rather wittier than the usual “flashing images/sell plastic toys” dross.

It’s not on my list of ‘all time great films’ though. But then, I have awful taste in movies… 😆

winston
    Free Member

My 7 year old thought it was brilliant and so did my wife and her mum…which luckily meant I didn’t have to go – its a kids film for gawds sake

bigdawg
    Free Member

We (me other half and 5 & 7 year old) all really enjoyed it, my son almost had tears streaming during the ‘facilities’ scene, despite seeing it a dozen times since summer.

A really good family film, even a brief appearance by Michael Bond too…

PrinceJohn

As soon as I heard that the fella who directed this bonkers movie was involved I had high hopes for Paddington…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L9VlgJitmA[/video]

maccruiskeen

It caused a bit of upset when it was rated PG instead of U, but it does contain scenes of mild peril

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Paddington the Movie — It Was Rather Good’ is closed to new replies.