Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Padded shorts, but which ones?
  • Dimmadan
    Free Member

I have a few pairs of padded shorts that have come with outer shorts or I have purchased when I have seen them cheap but have found the padding in most to not offer great performance once they have been used 10 times.

I don't want to spend the earth on a pair but would like some decent quality ones that keep the padding as full as possible and allows riding for longer than an hour without needing to get out the saddle and have a man rummage to get comfy again.

Any suggestions please? These will be used on the road and under under shorts while in the forest.

trail_rat
    Free Member

fs 260 pro are my short of choice

continental(the tire company) branded shorts come a close second for m

lunge

DHB from Wiggle do the job for me, good price as well.

ojom
    Free Member

Gore.

twang
    Free Member

or if the thought of spending £50 on pants makes you vomit, wear 2 pairs of cheapo ones…does work – bit too sweaty in the warmer months though

trail_rat
    Free Member

for that to work out economical twang youd need to be buying lidl shorts – ive used less gritty things to sand doors than those chamois….

basic shorts cost around 20 quid … so buy 2 pairs and you have spent 40 and are still less comfortable than a single pair of good shorts ….. although lidl shorts can be put on the outside of good shorts to ensure your good shorts dont wear through the arse ….

twang
    Free Member

true if you're buying from new but if you've already got cheapo's aplenty then it costs nowt….winner! (I'm exceedingly tight btw 😀 )

zangolin
    Free Member

Bib shorts under baggies. Plus a pot of Assos M.A.L.

Nalini bibs £20

P.Bikekit bibs £31.50

Biemme bibs £22

Loads of good value bibs here

twang
    Free Member

I love you zangolin….

zangolin
    Free Member

twang – Member
    I love you zangolin….

…I love you 2 Twang
    Not to bad in white – although would stain easily.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

£200 for bibs, jesus!

Cheers for the links, are Assos the daddies?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Padded shorts, but which ones?’ is closed to new replies.