Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Padded Lycra shorts
  • SOAP
    Free Member

I’ve always used Altura progel under my baggies.
    Just about to push the button on another pair unless someone with experience can tell me different.

rootes1

and then try just wearing the bibs and ditch the baggies… then you realized thay baggies are generally just pointless

SOAP
    Free Member

It’s ok if you race to wear only bibs/Lycra (I get it)
    Any other time is wrong in my eyes
    And a 15 stone 40+ in Lycra is a no no..
    **** it ill buy progels!

rootes1

just embrace the lycra! 😉

but if you get on already with pro-gels just buy some more and keep wearing the baggies!

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Baggies are not pointless. The trails are pretty overgrown at the moment meaning you’re brushing past bushes and thorny branches. Lycra would just be torn from you and would be a laddered mess by the time you’re finished.

rootes1

Baggies are not pointless. The trails are pretty overgrown at the moment meaning you’re brushing past bushes and thorny branches. Lycra would just be torn from you and would be a laddered mess by the time you’re finished.

i just find my arms get it from brambles, not upper legs.. I ride both with just lycra and bibs under baggies (3/4 bibs and std bibs).. don’t see any difference in protection really (in fact my mavic baggies often get caught on stuff), unless you are wearing super thick long 3/4 shorts..

so of late I have just ditched the baggies…. might start weraing y winter arm warmers to fend the brambles off though… look like a selfharmer!

anyhow each to their own 😉

scotroutes

Baggies are more likely to get caught on the undergrowth than something tight to your skin 🙄

wobbliscott
    Free Member

The trails I ride are completely overgrown – michette territory. Lycra wouldn’t stand a chance. Baggies are made of much tougher material and though they snag on thorns and brambles, they don’t tear or ladder. My knee pads protect my knees and top half of my shins, and my elbow pads protect my elbows and top half of my forearms. My wrists and ankles are scratched to buggery at the moment.

rootes1

oh ok, your riding sounds more gnarr if you wear knee and elbow pads

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Well i’m working on gnarr, more like gnaahh, right now, but it is steep and rocky and very over grown at the Moment.

vondally
    Free Member

Move to bibs much more comfortable, just check sizing

try start cycles they have scott often reduced been good for me

others include
    endura
    fox
    dhb

all been okay for me.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Padded Lycra shorts’ is closed to new replies.