Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Packing in smerking tabs. Again. Who's with me?
  • yunki
    Free Member

I’m down to five a day at the moment.. I fairly confident that I could go lower but Mrs Yunki has vetoed the idea until I get hold of some patches.. 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cutting down like that does not really help as it is just managing the addiction when you need to end it.
    Makes you think you are doing something but you are not really
    I did the same for 2 years then hid the prescription for nicotine replacements as well to delay the start day

binners

Sorry folks. I succumbed and had one last night. I’m rubbish. I’m into ‘managing the addiction’ territory. I need to knock it on the head completely. I really bloody want to too

yunki
    Free Member

well.. you might believe that to be the case Junky.. but I’m fairly confident that I am gently increasing my ability to cope with the higher stress levels that cravings produce..

I gave up cold turkey for six months last year using the same recognising the cravings pass technique that was mentioned earlier in the thread.. but I’m struggling to do the same again due to more stressful outside influences this time around..

I’ve gone from 20 a day down to five over the course of three days..
    I’ve not used patches before.. any tips..?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I haven’t had one today yet. I did want to hurt someone an hour ago

Holmesey
    Free Member

Good luck to all with this. even cutting down helps, so be positive about what you are achieving even with the odd setback. Find another addiction, I found getting fit helped, cos it makes you hate what the tabs are doing to you. eventually it was a chance meeting with an Aussie, who was going cold turkey on his massive weed habit that put it into perspective for me. Whenever I was tempted, I thought of what he was going through and told myself to get a grip etc etc.

anyway, chins up and save your tab money for bike bling

hora
    Free Member

binners dont beat yourself up over it.

If you smoke a fag on average say one an hour- just double the time between each fag. Then when comfortable- again.

I went from smoking 20 on a night out (waking up with yellowed-fingers) to 10 to 5. then when I did go cold-turkey I’d ‘made my bed as comfortable as possible’ so to speak 🙂

Stuey01
    Free Member

Don’t smoke, just wanted to say good luck.

Squidlord
    Free Member

I put on a patch (full tar) yesterday morning, just so I could say I made some effort on no smoking day. Didn’t smoke, but it was a close thing.
    Put another one on this morning to see what happens. Haven’t caved yet. Baby steps…

plumber
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADLWUo4EKMA&tracker=False[/video]

dont worry binners

even that nice mr sixx had problems 😀

devs
    Free Member

I jacked tabs about 4 years ago, cold turkey style. non of this namby pamby patch rubbish no way.

This is the only way. you have to want to give up. I mean really want to. What did it for me was my last stretch in the desert before I left the mob. I was doing 40 a day as it’s so boring and depressing out there. I could feel my body and lungs going downhill fast so I decided in the carpark after getting dropped off after tyhe journey back that this was it. And it was. 6 years and counting. 7 days is the first barrier and after that you just take strength from what you have achieved and how crap you must be to let something like that rule your life. 3 months and you start to feel really good. At 6 you start to cough up all that shite as your lung cleaning mechanisms start to kick in again. Do it. I could never go back now. I do put away an awful amount of beer at a weekend now though!

molgrips
    Free Member

This thread has inspired me to work on giving up the junk food. I need to MTFU.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

binners dont beat yourself up over it.

No Binners, don’t. 🙁

Beat Hora up instead! 😀

Much betterer. Will make you feel nice and relaxed.

Hurt him Binners. Hurt him.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Packing in smerking tabs. Again. Who's with me?’ is closed to new replies.