Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Packing in smerking tabs. Again. Who's with me?
  • binners

Sigh. Its national no smoking day tomorrow. So as a pre-emptive one this.

I’m going to attempt to pack in smoking. Anyone fancy joining me.

I’ll make the following suggestion/condition though. If say…. five of us agree to pack in, then the sanctimonious whining on the forum has to stop. Its totally counter-productive. The more the health-evangelists (yes Hora I’m not using the word nazi as you’ll immediately accuse me of being Hitler) go on about us all dying prematurely, the more I want to smoke. Mainly so I can die prematurely, and mercifully have less days on the planet to listen to your bleating. Its all about quality of life see 😀

So…. Who’s in then?

spacemonkey

I’m going to attempt to pack in smoking. Anyone fancy joining me.

Not feeling particular optimistic then?

FTR, I quit on NYD 2003. POP.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m with you all the way binners… I’ve just had a bit of a headstart…

thejesmonddingo

I stopped 16 days 1 hour and 17 mins ago (approx).
    Ian

konaboy2275
    Free Member

I’m in. Are we allowed patches gum etc or is this on willpower alone?

Woody
    Free Member

I’ll join you binners, despite the fact that I can’t believe that anything Hora says can actually affect you in any way!

I’ve set a target that when the current stock runs out, that’s it. It would have been last week but I was offered 200 for £20 and I’m weak 😳

binners

We’re allowed to use anything at our disposal (apart from fags obviously). I’ve got a stock of patches. And failing that, heroine

Junkyard
    Free Member

oh you have a heroine which one?
    Florence Nightingale? Dame Helen McCarthy?

I will give up after dinner jazz fags till August if that helps

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Does anyone have access to a ‘facility’? I was thinking a locked room with no access to nicotine products of any sort for about a month should do it. A bit like Trainspotting without the puking.

momo

Day 9 for me today, so if you’ll allow me my false start then I’m in too.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Champix – Available from your doctor, got them, followed the instructions haven’t smoked since.

Hohum
    Free Member

Some of it comes across as a bit overly religious and it is not everyone’s cup of tea, but I found the first 4 steps of the Alcoholics Anonymous programme very useful to help understand addiction (to smoking in this case) and how to overcome it.

binners

Bloody hell fella. Dealing with my alcoholism can wait til I’ve jacked the fags in 😉

freddyg
    Free Member

If you haven’t got it, try the Allen Carr method. It’ll cost you less than a packet of tabs and may just sort you out: clicky-linky

It worked for me after many failed attempts with willpower alone.

Good luck.

steve-g
    Free Member

Im in for not smoking tomorrow, if that works out then we can take it from there

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

konaboy- I have a cellar?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Count me in Binners. I’ve three fags left in my pocket, which I’ll have tonight. Then we’ll see how it goes…

konaboy2275
    Free Member

TSY – I’ve had some offers in my time… I’ve also seen Pulp Fiction.

When I set my facility up for paying customers I may ask your advice…

binners

Excellent. Looks like we got us a self-righteous, grumpy, short-tempered posse for tomorrow

Yeeeeeeeeeee-haw 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Be a quitter. Be fitter.

I quitterlicker

binners

We can regale each other with tales of what snacks we’ve resorted too. I shall be bringing a selection into the office. I’m presently favouring the Mini Chedder as the solution to any potential problems. Have you tried the Branston one’s? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Also we can see who manages to lose their rag with the highest ranking member of their company. We could have a league table. Maximum points for telling the Chief Exec to **** my ****, you ****ing ****!!!!! then a sliding scale from there down

ourkidsam
    Free Member

It’s not going to be today for me I’m afraid 😳

donsimon
    Free Member

Go for it. If you approach it in the right way, it really is quite easy. 😉

ben
    Free Member

I’m in.

binners

I’ve not slapped my nicorette patch on just yet. Though I’m armed with a pack of them.I’m going to see how far the will power thing lasts. Probably another five minutes.

My preparation has involved chain smoking last night until i felt sick. My mouth tasted like a clay oven this moring

I have a selection of savoury snacks to see me through the day.

Pork pie anyone?

hora
    Free Member

If someone asked me to give up espresso’s I think I’d murder them.

binners get yourself into proper and serious coffee.

molgrips
    Free Member

Mmm coffee. Even if here they make it with UHT milk…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Binners if you feel all crotchety and wound up, simply relieve that frustration by hurting Hora.

It’s a win-win.

Hurt him.

samuri
    Free Member

It’s dead easy Binners. Stop being silly.

hora
    Free Member

Mmm coffee. Even if here they make it with UHT milk…

Whoa whoa whoa. You do not put milk in coffee unless its a mocha.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what you need to do is observe the craving coming and consuming you then feeling it go away again – this takes a painfully long time at first but becomes quicker and less often over time
    I also found it odd how it did not do the things I thought it did. Angry have a fag to calm down for example – Angry do anything for 10 mins and you will be calmer etc
    good luck
    FWIW I drunk loads of brews but did not really eat much more

molgrips
    Free Member

You do not put milk in coffee unless its a mocha

Yes you do.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Has Binners resorted to hurting Hora yet, as an outlet for his frustrations?

Ooh I do hope so. 😀

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I jacked tabs about 4 years ago, cold turkey style. non of this namby pamby patch rubbish no way.

Chaps, find your triggers, the things that make you want to spark up and AVOID them. Its a habit you need to break.

My triggers were:
    lager, instant coffee, a set of traffic lights on the A580.

I drank bitter or red wine, drank tea instead, drove a different way to work for 3 months.

easy.

Good luck all of you giving up. be strong and you’ll get there and when you do, you’ll have more money to spend on bike bits!

emsz
    Free Member

what you need to do is observe the craving coming and consuming you then feeling it go away again –

Oh yes, this especially!! Junkyard you’ve hit the nail on the head. It got to stage where I could feel wanting a fag coming on, and then moments later the feeling would just go away, at first you feel it’s never going away, but it does, and eventually it comes and goes in a flash.

What is really weird is the dreams where it feels so real that for a moment in the morning you wake up thinking you still smoke. Properly freaked me out!

molgrips
    Free Member

I went through a phase when, in every dream I had, I was smoking. Wtf? I’ve never smoked and never wanted to!

Or have I…..? 😯

hora
    Free Member

I sometimes dreamed I was nodding off with a fag in my hand (something I did in bed when I did smoke). When I had these vivid dreams I’d wake up sweating and scared and I’d manually check the whole bed ‘just incase’ before the fog of sleep gave way to reality.

Only had these dreams post-quiting.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Then maybe you shouldn’t have given up then?

Has Binners started hurting you yet?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Did you manage it?
    I resisted the temptation of an after dinner jazz one after a particularily stressful evening spent at Ikea – that said I am over the addiction so no doubt not as easy for you.

hels
    Free Member

Dreaming about giant cigarettes eh ? Hello, Mr Freud, over to you…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Packing in smerking tabs. Again. Who's with me?’ is closed to new replies.