Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • packing for UHMERICAAAA – what will we need?
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

plug converter – check
    nowhere near enough underwear to cover the 2 weeks – check
    pillow for smothering the wife when she starts to get on my nerves – check

what have i forgotten?

legend
    Free Member

Your online Visa thing?

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Lobster hat, fishnet speedo junior, wheelie shoes and an invisible dog leash

philconsequence
    Free Member

ESTA – check.
    passports – sure the’re somewhere, i’ll blindly assume becca’s got them.

somouk
    Free Member

I normally take money out of a cashpoint over here instead of getting it in advance. Also make sure you have the fraud phone numbers for your bank incase you use your card and it gets blocked.

Oh and travel insurance!

jota180
    Free Member

Some $1 bills for the [strike]handouts[/strike] tips

darkcove

Trousers with elasticated waists!

philconsequence
    Free Member

got some dollarzz
    informed the CC company of the dates im away
    travel insurance is all sorted

sense of humour for US border control – check

i even treated myself to a new hand-luggage thingy … WITH WHEELS 8)

EDIT – having lost a fair amount of weight all my trousers have a spare 2-4inches in the waists to play with 😆

RustySpanner

Bacon & chocolate.
    They just don’t have a scoob about either 🙂

legend
    Free Member

jota180 – Member
    Some $1 bills for the handouts tips

As much as it pains me, this ^

philconsequence
    Free Member

dipping bacon into chocolate as i type, worry not, i’ll smuggle the Bacolate in my belly

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

nowhere near enough underwear to cover the 2 weeks – check

IIRC, this is a honeymoon, so that should read;

nowhere near enough underwear to cover the 2 cheeks – check

😈

unklehomered
    Free Member

2 X health insurance type thing?

legend
    Free Member

i even treated myself to a new hand-luggage thingy … WITH WHEELS

I assume

McHamish
    Free Member

Where are you going in the US of A?

Check out the weather seasons for your destination to see if you need to bring light weight waterproofs.

Wish I had when I went to Florida, although I went earlier in the summer season so dried out pretty quickly after torrential rain.

RustyMac

camera
    camera charger
    memory card
    set up international roaming on your phone
    sun cream
    A BIG JUST MARRIED BADGE to increase likelyhood of free upgrade on flights.

philconsequence
    Free Member

not turning my phone on as work might try and contact me, becca’s going to have hers on.

no point with the just married badge as got a couple of friends who work for BA (pilot and air waitress) and they’ve checked the flight, tis fully booked with several on stand by.

travelling in jeans and packing my lightweight riding waterproof as it packs down all teenytiny.

McHamish
    Free Member

oh, oh oh.

If you’re going to a beach, get some major brownie points and get your wife ‘Just Married’ flip flops. It’s her only chance to wear them.

My wife was very jealous of someone on honeymoon our as we could see the words all over the island. (one word embossed on the bottom of each foot – one on the flip, the other word on the flop).

loum
    Free Member

Bike bag with a £10 gumtree Apollo inside, to be dumped and replaced with a nice, shiny, new, “It’s the same bike I brought with me, honest ‘guv”, tax free import Santa Cruz. 😉

loum
    Free Member

Polish your ring , and hers.
    Matching super-shiny sparkly wedding rings is the key to lots of little free upgrades without asking.
    They’re great people and will look after you special nice when they see you’re newlyweds, they will notice.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i can’t quite get my head around the fact this time tomorrow ii’ll be on a plane going to america, never been that far away before!

for those reading who know where i live… the bikes have been taken to a friends house 😛

chewkw
    Free Member

Watch out for those security check personnel because some of them may nick your stuff …

singletrackmind

Passport.
    Cash.
    Credit Cards
    Sense of humour.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

no point with the just married badge as got a couple of friends who work for BA (pilot and air waitress) and they’ve checked the flight, tis fully booked with several on stand by.

Bummer.

Always worth letting the CSD know it’s a “special” flight once you’re on board though. There’s some lovely fizzy pop up the sharp end of the plane, and they tend to bring some back for that sort of thing! 🙂

RichPenny
    Free Member

Shotgun.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Dammit richpenny beat me to it

busydog
    Free Member

philc — hope you have a safe trip and enjoy yourself while you are here!!

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Polish your ring , and hers.

you going to san fernando to do some film work?

Are you staying with friends, cos there are some great people over there(like everywhere duuh)– but as you speak the lingo you’ll rub along.The immigration ‘drones’ do lack humour, a mate of mine was refused entry for making a quip. The dodgiest people i ever met in the US all wore uniforms, thieving customs, bent coppers.

Bon voyage

andywoods
    Free Member

set of earplugs for the plane journey in case of screaming kids or is it just me that gets them

philconsequence
    Free Member

headphones and iPod fully loaded for the flight

not staying with friends, driving all over the place 🙂

no quips at border control from me, never spent this much on a holiday ever so no chance i’m risking it!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘packing for UHMERICAAAA – what will we need?’ is closed to new replies.