Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • packaged bank accounts – any catches?
  • sadexpunk

got 2 euro hols this year and am just about to start pricing up insurance, so thought id look at comparing against a monthly cost bank acc with extras.

the holiday and breakdown insurances can be compared easily enough, but i reckon i could probably still beat the bank costs by insuring separately. they all seem to have mobile phone ins thrown in too which we’ve never had. im wondering whether its worth paying just that little bit extra for this coverage as it says it even covers you if the phone stops working.

the moneysavingexpert site lists a nationwide acc as best buy with all 3 insurances. anyone got any experiences of trying to claim on these, as im just a bit cynical about ins claims in general, they all seem to have small print that excludes what youre claiming for 😀

thanks

torsoinalake
    Free Member

The travel insurance I have through my Barclays account doesn’t cover mountain biking. Winter sports, yes.

The breakdown cover also has some caveats for Europe, car age and the like.

So check for those if it is important to you.

shuhockey
    Free Member

I’m with barclays. For the last two years I’ve got family travel insurance for £8. Just get the travel pack 2 weeks before you go,then cancel when you get back.Simples

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘packaged bank accounts – any catches?’ is closed to new replies.