Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Package with tracking number – could this be a problem?
  • cinnamon_girl

Well, was due to receive a package today sent by Royal Mail. According to tracking number it has been received by me, er no it hasn't 😯

Anyone has this happen before? No proof available online yet.

Thank you so much!

Edit: if this doesn't arrive, should I insist on the sender sorting it out?

bol

It'll probably turn up, but if it isn't just a question of a neighbour signing for it, it might take a little while to find out while they speak to the person who delivered it.

I sent my Ocoee frame to its new owner a few weeks ago via my LBS and it disappeared in transit with TNT. Eventually it turned up at Specialized bizarely, who sent it back, but it was a worrying few days.

midlifecrashes

Had this once, it was a s/h Turner frame that had hoovered up all my spare cash and I was more than a little worried, both for me and the STWer who had sent it. I hotfooted it off to the depot to be told by the jobsworth that in RoyalMailSpeak received meant it had been loaded onto the van of someone who may pass it on to me or put it on ebay at some future time. After a brief discussion regarding the meanings of common words and their appropriate usage I sloped off home again to find a little red card on my doorstep. 🙄

vinnyeh

I've posted this on the other thread, but in case..

I've had a few parcels lately where the tracking's been updated to 'delivered' and the parcel's turned up later in the day.
    First time it happened (hadn;t received the parcel by then, and was panicking as to why it was supposedly delivered) I emailed RM, and got a reply two weeks later, saying that they hoped the issue had been resolved

HTH.

Aidan
    Free Member

I had this happen and phoned customer services. They were able to tell me what address they thought they had delivered it to: my neighbour; and who they thought had signed for it: not my neighbour.

In the event they had sent it to the wrong road (and since they went to the neighbour) the wrong number. Fortunately, I was able to find the house by some internet-stalking of the name that signed for it.

When I turned up to collect, she said that when she realised it wasn't for her neighbour, she had phoned Parcel Force. Days had passed and they had never got back to her.

So, call them and hassle them!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Package with tracking number – could this be a problem?’ is closed to new replies.