Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Pacenti SL25 rims. Anyone had problems with them?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

Thinking of pacenti or velocity aileron’s for road bike wheel upgrade.

steve73
    Free Member

I have used SL25 rims on pro 2 hubs for 12 months on my tcx cross bike. Raced cross on them and done the HONC and peak District pioneer adventure cross and about to do the HONC again. Set up tubeless with a track pump.

sturmeyarcher

Two pairs of SL25s here. No problems at all, very happy with them.

BillOddie

I had a set of DL31 rims and they were utterly fab. Pacenti make a very nice rim indeed.

breninbeener

Mark Beaumont rode his Cairo to Cape town record on those rims!

devash
    Free Member

I’m currently using a wheelbuild with their TL28 rims for and I’ve been hugely impressed.

Tubeless set up was incredibly easy with a track pump (Specialized tyres) and they feel light and strong.

Pacenti make very nice, very underrated rims.

jacob46
    Free Member

Great thanks. DCR I think it was he stopped using them due to having to many problems so he has stopped using them. I do like the look of them.

jameso

The rear TL25 on my ‘all-road’ bike cracked recently, lengthways along the rim over ~2″. Still seals up, still riding it, but thinking maybe the very light weights the Pacenti rims achieve don’t come without a cost to durability. Having said that they’ve done a lot of mix-terrain miles over 2 years, a lot of that with a light load on the bike so the use or build may have been a factor, not sure. They were well-built based on who built them and they way they’ve stayed true and even. So far I’m putting it down to a one-off.

I’d buy more Pacentis though, they work well tubeless and have some TL28s lined up for another similar-use wheelset soon.

matts
    Free Member

DCR I think it was he stopped using them due to having to many problems so he has stopped using them.

I think it was the SL23s that he stopped using. I’m not entirely sure what the issue was, but I think some low spoke, high tension builds had the spoke holes crack/fail.

I have been using SL25 rims on my Tripster for a bit over a year. They have been used road and off-road for about 5000km (had a broken wrist, so milage last year was curtailed somewhat) and are still rock solid.

nikk
    Free Member

Rear on my TL cracked length ways as well, explosively, nearly half the circumference of the rim, whilst riding up a steep hill slowly but with some power. Instant tyre deflation. Crack seemed to propagate from punch mark used to hold aluminium block in place on the join. Replaced under warranty (with a lot of back n forth and sending wheen to Germany) only for that rim to fail (unfixable kink, no crash / trauma) after 8 months. Wouldn’t touch them with a bargepole now, would be stronger to make a rim out of a coke can. I’m am in no way a hard rider.

jacob46
    Free Member

Nikk what size? 25

nikk
    Free Member

The TL are 28.

jameso

Crack seemed to propagate from punch mark used to hold aluminium block in place on the join

“check” .. directly opposite the valve on mine also, just had a look.

singletrackmind

23’s on my road bike
    75kg max rider weight so I need to drop a couple of K’s it would seem.
    Yes , they are soft. I dinted one of mine with a tyre lever the other day. Nice and light and dont seem noodly compared to the Kyrsiums i had on before.
    Not tried tubeless yet , the price of the tyres made me wince ( Schwalbe)

jacob46
    Free Member

The velocity could be a better choice I think.

Haze

SL23 for the last 12 months, no issues so far and really happy with the tubeless set up.

munkster
    Free Member

SL23 for the last 12 months, no issues so far and really happy with the tubeless set up.

Snap.

freeagent
    Free Member

75kg max rider weight so I need to drop a couple of K’s it would seem.

Interested where you got this info as Pacenti’s website states no rider weight limit..

SL23

xyeti
    Free Member

Singletrackmind, I think the weight limit is paired so 150,

I looked at these after I discounted Archetypes and bought HED Belgium+ instead of the Pacentis, they felt poor quality to me, I’m no Expert and not a Quality Control tech but I know they felt poor in comparison to the HED, even the decal on the side looked shit and my thinking was based upon this more than anything, if you can’t be arsed finishing off with a decent Decal where else has there been savings made.

nickc

Soft. Really really soft.

built up some TL28, on paper as wide as Stans with eyelets like mavic, perfect. I’m a 70kg mincer and I managed to mangle them within months. dents dings and splits all over the place. on the plus side they were pretty straight…struggling to think of any other pluses…no, that’s it. wouldn’t buy them again

jacob46
    Free Member

Can I just remind people this about sl25 not the old 23’s which were crap and also not the 28’s.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Pacenti SL25 rims. Anyone had problems with them?’ is closed to new replies.