Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Pace
  • trailhound
    Free Member

Awkwardkid – that RC200 looks great built up a bit “modern” Still got mine in the shed, was gonna go full on retro bike with it but I’m in two minds now!

molgrips
    Free Member

I bouht one (actually RC300) in 2001, had it until 2007 when it got nicked… if anyone sees one that looks dodgy let me know.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

And Ford shouldn’t have stopped making the Model T etc etc.

I really like Pace stuff – I will own an RC129 at some point too. Its a shame they didn’t (as far as I’m aware) put the steel one-piece colour matched stem/bar into production…

Paceman
    Free Member

Nice collection Awkwardkid 😀

Me and my old RC405 approaching the top of Black Sail Pass in the Lakes; I loved that bike (not that climb though!!)…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Their 3×3 Event jacket is pretty decent, and decent value…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ve got one of their old Winteractive jackets. Flippin brilliant when the temperatures are down around zero.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Wouldn’t touch a Pace with your bargepole never mind my own. I’d love to support an English mountain bike company but not this one.

A la dragons den: I’m out

Rubber_Buccaneer

I still have my RC200F3 and wore some ancient Pace bib shorts to a spin class last night 🙂

It’s not the same company it was back in the 90s, I wouldn’t lust after one of their bikes now like I did my square tubed job.

Alex

I had a 405 as well

[url=https://flic.kr/p/55QTbN]Pace 405 XCAM (2 of 7)[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

It was a good bike although the HA looks steep now and the TT short! Mate had a 303 that broke at the seat tube and then a 305 (I think) that is still going. In terms of pace making good looking bikes tho, may I submit to the aesthetic jury:

ads678

My god that is awful 😯

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Not their finest hour in terms of looks. But to restore the balance…

molgrips
    Free Member

That is pretty. Brown saddle needed tho.

My wife wants to know how you got it to stand up on its own…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I remember being blown away by the looks of an anodized red RC500 with deep-section wheels.

<goes off to Google images>

Gunz
    Free Member

A perfect solution that leaves a mech hanger when used singlespeed

Or a lovely bike that doesn’t feature a minging adjustable hanger to satisfy a minority of users.
    I could look at that far longer than most FS, my eye just seems to skip over them these days.

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ see that RC129 up there, the cream one? Thats the bike I almost bought but like I said it was all the mummy’s and yeahbutts on here that put me off..

Lovely looking thing that..

Didn’t it belong to a Girl Racer ??

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Unfortunately the RC129 isn’t mine. But I did have a good poke about it in Pace’s office at Dalby. I really want one… [runs off to setup an alert on eBay]

awkwardkid
    Free Member

I’ve had a few over the years and granted some have been a lot better than others… Square ones are kinda mystical in the sense as a kid always wanted one. RC300 def the best out of the squares… light, fast and nimble XC machine. My old RC200 F8 was good fun to though. New stuff… best hardtail i’ve had for a few yrs is the RC104. Nowt to do with it being a Pace… Just solid fun! If i could find a Ti whip with the same geometry i’d grab it in a heat beat

print screen windows

molgrips
    Free Member

RC300 def the best out of the squares… light, fast and nimble XC machine

The geometry was fantastic, I loved it.. but, it was incredibly flexy. I had to learn not to stand up and hammer because the front mech would shift on its own.

benji
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of RC129’s love them, one runs singlespeed the other one runs gears. Handle nicely, the ride is very nice, in fact all I expected from Pace having lusted after RC1/2/300’s and never having enough money to buy one.

The bar/stem combo was never in full production I believe there is 2 maybe 3 out there at best.

The Sutton Bank project is one of Adrian’s daughters, whilst the other one runs the shop at Dalby. This year they are supposed to be concentrating on more Pace products and might see the return of a square tubed bike. The RC127 should be available any month now, it certainly looks interesting.

AlexSimon

might see the return of a square tubed bike

oooooooh

eddie11
    Free Member

my facebook started the year with a teaser from Pace about big things in 2014.

I thought at the time that either has to be an anodised square tubed bike or they can just shut up and go home.

chestrockwell

They just give the impression they’ve given up these days imo and can’t really be bothered.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve got one of their old Winteractive jackets. Flippin brilliant when the temperatures are down around zero.

Me too, only problem with mine is that It’s shrunk through being in the garage (well it doesn’t fit anymore) Definately the best jacket I’ve ever had & I’m keeping it in case it unshrinks itself!
    Never owned a Pace frame but am still using RC40’s on the HT, stiffer than Jack McStiff from Stiffesville. (Idaho)

Fudd
    Free Member

awkwardkid

RC200 pic

I believe that’s the frame I bought off you 😉 . I didn’t have it long when a RC300 became available, which I then swapped for a smaller one, which I then swapped for a nos one from Germany. I loved that bike but it wasn’t getting used much and being a nos frame I was always scared of dropping it, so I sold it to a chap on here to fund a fatbike. Its probably the only frame I wish I never sold…

JoeG
    Free Member

Square tube Pace now added to the list of retrobikes that I want need… 😕

ratherbeintobago

They just give the impression they’ve given up these days imo and can’t really be bothered.

This. Website not updated for nearly a year; RC127 due ‘any minute’ for what seems like aaaages.

Someone on here was alleging some funny business about a batch of RC129s, too.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Pace’ is closed to new replies.