Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Pace RC506 – Any Good?
  • mr_p

Does anyone on here own or have ridden a Pace RC506? If so what's your thoughts as a general trail bike? Is 150mm going to be too much bike?

soulrider
    Free Member

yeah anything over 140mm and its waytoo much.. definitley
    it will be like riding a DH only not as much fun ;o)

roughneck
    Free Member

Every body I've talked to love them. They say they climb like a mountain goat. I've got it in the short list.

mr_p

A more positive response 🙂 £400 off the 2009 frames at Evans

mr_p

Anyone else? Anybody actually got one?

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I have one and really love it.Us eit as a long travel trail bike. Rode a mates 405 but already had a "lighter" bike so went for the 506. Its built with average type stuff eg SRAM X9, Pikes, Hope wheels and brakes etc and comes in at 33lb.
    Having said that the wheels are quite heavy along with the forks and I reckon you could easily knock a few pounds off.
    It doesnt feel that heavy when you ride though and it climbs really well and is very planted on the way down.
    I am considering some slightly bigger forks for the future but there is nothing wrong with the Pikes really.
    The rear shock is really good from a performance point of view, its easy to set up and soaks up everything my ability throws at it-one negative though is there is wear evident on the shock anodising and I dont ride it that often (saving it for Lakes rides etc normally)I am told that this is not excessive and isnt going to be replaced on warranty (yet!!)
    Any more specific questions just ask.

Cheers
    Steve

mr_p

Cheers for the info Steve.

What wheels are you running on it? Also I saw a review saying that it had a tall ride height, you don't find this an issue?

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Just something else to consider – Pace's "customer service". Maybe do a search on here or google and see what comes up.

[303 owner]

j_me
    Free Member

I demod one last year, thought it would be too much travel and not my thing……was very ver suprised at its climbing abilities, really good going up the rough stuff. Definately worth thinking about – go get a demo.

mr_p

crispedwheel – Member
    Just something else to consider – Pace's "customer service". Maybe do a search on here or google and see what comes up.

Do you want to elaborate on this?

A demo would be good if i could find one, they aren't the most common of brands though.

fatgit
    Free Member

Mr P
    The wheels are Hope Pro11 with DTSwiss 540 rims and straight gauge spokes. Picked them up quite cheap off here so not bothered.
    Will probably relace with some Stans rims and lighter spokes in the future but they are running true at the minute so just leaving them on.

With regard to ride height I havent found it to be a problem but I am fairly tall (just over 6ft) and ride with a high seat anyway so wouldnt have given it much thought.

Not overly fussed about Pace's customer service as my warranty is with the retailer anyway-BikeScene at Guisborough.

Oh and by the way the other reason I bought it was it was heavily discounted to £995 including the DT shock-a bargain!!!!!
    Cheers
    Steve

mr_p

Thanks for the info Steve, going to book a demo for next weekend

woool
    Free Member

No need to search – their customer service is shocking.

Have been with Pace from the beginning and burnt several times. Last tine they were so shitty I would never buy anything from Pace ever again.

Simwit

Hi, don't know if it's cheaper than you've seen them for but Mountain Trax near Wokingham have a 506 frame in medium for £899.99, not sure what model year it is but worth a call maybe?

http://www.mountain-trax.com/product/1025/Pace_RC506_FRAM_Frame

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Pace RC506 – Any Good?’ is closed to new replies.