Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Pace RC405 & RC506 – replacing bearings / bushes
  • Paceman
    Free Member

Anyone know where you can source replacement bearings / bushes for a Pace RC405, and any particular tools/advice needed for fitting?

My 405 has been completely fault free for two years but i'd like to give it a health-check for peace of mind more than anything else 😀

Twodogs

I got a full set of replacements from Pace (tho I'm sure they're standards sizes so you could probably source cheaper elsewhere). no special tools needed – was dead easy (if slightly scary undoing just about every joint on the frame!)

Paceman
    Free Member

Thanks Twodogs

Did you have to call Pace to make the order? I can't see replacement kits on their website (not the best website by any means I must say!). 🙁

Ringo
    Free Member

Yes paceman you do it's a very easy job. Are your bearings knackered? The greaseinjectors from pace are great to replace the bearings grease youdont need to take the bearings outthe links for this

Ringo
    Free Member

The tool I used was a hammer and socket to knock them out pace sell two sets of bearings one for the top of the links and one for the bottom

Paceman
    Free Member

Ringo, the bearings are still ok, but I haven't touched them in two years of hard riding. Are there any instructions online for either process – renewing the grease and/or replacing bearings/bushings?

Ringo
    Free Member

No not as far as i know it's pretty straight forward though get yourself the grease injectors from pace take of the silver caps that cover the bearings pop off the bearing seal with a Stanley blade then put the injectors in squeeze the grease job done. Where are you based paceman imin the midlands you could borrow mine.

Paceman
    Free Member

I'm on the South Coast Ringo, but cheers for the offer. I'll give Pace a call later I think. 😀

Twodogs

ringo, not sure what you mean by "pace sell two sets of bearings one for the top of the links and one for the bottom" – I just bought a complete set of bearings (8 I think) – and a seperate set of bushings for the shock

Ringo
    Free Member

Yeah but on my pace it was only the ones at the top of the shock that went and pace either sell fhem as a whole set or halves

Paceman
    Free Member

Is this the grease gun you're talking about?

http://www.pacecycles.com/product.asp?catID=3&subcat=452

Ringo
    Free Member

No any grease gun with the same end will do the job and to be honest that's expensive for what it is what you need is the grease injectors that attatch to the end. Phone paceand ask them as I don't think there on the website

Simwit

Hi

The grease gun and bearing greasing kit you are after are shown on the bottom of the 2010 products PDF, there's a link to it at the top of the Pace home page.

Hope this helps.

Paceman
    Free Member

Thanks Sim 😀

Alex

I've got a set STW sent me to test. They work really well. Takes about 15 minutes max to do all pivots. Bearings are still lovely and smooth with no play after two winters. I think I've used the kit 2 or 3 times.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Pace RC405 & RC506 – replacing bearings / bushes’ is closed to new replies.