Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pace RC40 Fighter advice
  • granny_ring

Anyone using these?
    If so looking for any feedback particularly the 20mm axle version.

Cheers.

Andy

molgrips
    Free Member

I have some advice. Sell them to me 🙂

granny_ring

You like sir?

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d love some for my 5. Hold onto them til I get a new contract and I’ll take yer arm off 🙂

Poindexter
    Free Member

I have some RC41 Fighters on an Ellsworth Moment. They have 20mm axle which is trouble-free – fit and forget sort of thing.

They’re a fairly flexy fork compaired to some, so I’d imagine the QR version would be worse. Cracking forks, nice and light, look good and work fairly well.

The launch control/rebound damping knob is crap though – it’s impossible to use the LC without knocking the rebound out of position… It’s a VERY loose fit.

Also, be careful with the axle to crown height – they’re considerably lower than similar travel forks.

molgrips
    Free Member

The launch control/rebound damping knob is crap though – it’s impossible to use the LC without knocking the rebound out of position… It’s a VERY loose fit.

Aye. Could probably fix that with a bit of ptfe tape around the adjuster.

RC40s don’t have LC tho.

hicksville
    Free Member

I have liked mine qrs, yes bit flexy but light and have been reliable. Grand really

Speshpaul

RC40s don’t have LC tho.
    Really?

granny_ring

Thanks, I’m interested in trying some with the 20mm axle and prefer the 40s because of the travel adjustment.
    Anyone know what the axle to crown height is on the fighters?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pace RC40 Fighter advice’ is closed to new replies.