Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Pace RC39 – Fork Service help
  • large418
    Free Member

Have given my RC39's a full service, new seals, oil etc, but have a question. How much damping oil should be in the damping leg? I have put 30cc of 5wt oil in, but the lockout doesn't work even though I have primed it. Should I have put more or less oil in?

Thanks all

sslowpace
    Free Member

Confirmed by the pace website, it is 100ml of 10wt oil in the damper unit (i use fully sythetic motorcycle fork oil), and then just 5cc of lubricating oil in the bottom of each leg (again, i use the 10wt fork oil, using a small syringe to inject it through the bolt hole before replacing the bolts in the bottom of the legs).

Hope that helps.
    Pete

uplink
    Free Member

I think it's 90ml unless the legs are perfectly dry

I'll have to dig the manual out to be 100% on that though

large418
    Free Member

Thanks, I couldn't find it on the Pace website anywhere.

I have found 5cc in the top of the air chamber also helps to keep the forks smooth

sslowpace
    Free Member

Uplink is correct. Deduct 10% fluid unless perfectly dry.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Can anyone help please

How do you replace the damper oil I cannot get my damper assembly apart.

Is there a web link I have never been able to find one

Ta in advance

hamishthecat
    Free Member

IIRC you don't take the damper apart you just cycle it to get as much oil out a possible and then refill. The 90ml referred to above is because you can't get it all out.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Ok so how do you get the oil out in the first place??

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Called my bluff there…

I'm thinking about RC36s (hollowform) and with those there is a big circlip at the top of each leg at the crown – take those out and you can drop the innards out.
    Presumably you've looked at the manual here

saladdodger
    Free Member

Yes I have alas there is no infomation there

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Might be worth looking at the other model manuals too, as the basic construction for all Pace forks is the same.

large418
    Free Member

On mine I had to take the circlip out of the bottom of the stanchion, then unscrew the blue rebound adjuster for about 5 minutes until it is fully disengaged. Then pull the damping rod and it all came apart. Assembly is a reversal.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Pace RC39 – Fork Service help’ is closed to new replies.