Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pace RC36 Stealth service and lock out cable
  • cjr61

Hi,

Finally getting round to sorting these forks. Does anyone have a guide to a full upper and lower service? Similar to rock shox with lower leg bolts?

Also, can you swap a new cable into the lockout or is it a whole unit replacement?

Thanks

Chris

Goldigger
    Free Member
    hamishthecat

You can swap the cable but need to unsolder it from a brass fitment that fastens into the compression damper – and resolder the new one. You can take it off completely too and the forks work fine IIRC.

Edit: oil change info used to be on the Pace website. Think it was 7.5 weight but not sure. Legs come apart with circlips at the bottom of the legs. Take them off really carefully and you can reuse but not recommended by Pace…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cjr61

Thanks goldigger, I’d found that but the manual there is more just about regular maintenance and swapping the spring side.

Thanks anyway

cjr61

Thanks Hamish. Stupid question but assume I need more than a soldering iron? Is it blowtorch stuff?

hamishthecat

Good point, I can’t remember how I did it. Think I used a plumbing torch but I didn’t refit a new cable. If you are you need to check nipple at the lever as I don’t think it’s a standard one.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pace RC36 Stealth service and lock out cable’ is closed to new replies.