Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pace Rc31 forks
  • aa
    Free Member

Has anyone had experience with them, I have the opportunity to get a pair but don’t know the history of this particular pair, are they prone to the bonding coming unstuck, cracking etc or are they a safe bet?

Cheers guys

takisawa2

I found them flexy, very flexy.
    But I was a tad too heavy for them. Sold on when I realised.
    Found On-Ones smidgen heavier & lot stiffer.
    You’ll be amazed what can be ridden with them though.

aa
    Free Member

I found them flexy, very flexy.

Was this flexy sideways or fore/aft. It sounds like they give good damping.

Militant_biker

I didn’t find them flexy, but I weigh less than a gnat’s fart. Ran them with disc brakes and V-brakes before that.

They felt great to ride, really precise, but were destroying my elbow after I broke it, so I swapped back to suspension.

They were so nice that I was about to sell them on, then found out that they no longer make them, and decided to keep them as I’ll never be able to get a set of forks like them if I want them again.

takisawa2

Flexy as in look down & see the blades flexing backwards under hard braking. 😛
    (I was a over the top weight limit though).
    Yes, good damping compared to a rigid steel fork.

clubber
    Free Member

I found them fine and I’m 16 stone. They’re meant to bend. Can’t say I found them significantly better than steel forks other than in weight and looks.

messiah
    Free Member

Mine unbonded at dropout and crown.

Marge
    Free Member

I’m around 85kg and have no issues with mine.
    Yes there is some flex but I believed that to be the intention

They absorb small shocks superbly on my 1×9 winter bike. (Trek ZR9000 frame). Very light too.

I have also a set of the On-one forks and I’d agree they flex less but I prefer the feel of the RC31’s.

alexathome
    Free Member

The reason that they are percieved as more comfy is due solely to the flex. The 440mm ones (correct for 100mm travel bikes) flex quite a lot more than the 420mm ones. I run both on bikes with similar geometry.

The carbon in no percievable way compress’s so they will only seem as comfy as a similary flexy steel fork. I always let a lttle air out on tyre when running them rather than my sus forks. No de-bonding issues with either of mine, nor have i seen it happan personally. Saying that they may well do, but don’t listen to me anyway as Sheldona say’s i know nothing about bikes and just talk out my arse 🙁

timbur
    Free Member

I was fine on several pairs till I went down Kingston Ridge in Lewes and watched the for/arf movement. It worried me enough to get some cheaper heavier carbon forks. They never failed and I’m 13/14st and rode them SS.
    Tim

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pace Rc31 forks’ is closed to new replies.