Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pace 405 Drive side Dropout – where from and how quick?
  • Alex

I appear to have broken ANOTHER mech and hanger this evening. That's two (from two different bikes) in a week. I shall remain calm.

However I need a new one desperately before the weekend. Anyone got a spare they want to sell/post me, or any idea if a LBS has stock.

I can't believe I've run out of bikes to ride!

BadlyWiredDog

You can buy them from Pace direct, either on line or give 'em a bell. Or try 18 Bikes who are generally on the ball with Pace stuff ime. If you're anywhere Peak District-ish, I have a spare, slight squished but useable one you can borrow till you get a new one. And CRC have 'em – I think they're identical to the 305 ones.

Edit: it's you, doh. Try Pace etc and if you draw a blank, drop me a line.

oxnop
    Free Member

The 305 version is the same as the 405.

Alex

Thanks BWD. It is indeed me 🙂 Your squashed one is going to trump my broken into two small pieces one!

I'll give Pace a shout tomorrow first thing see if they can send one out, as CRC – love 'em as I do – seem a bit random with postage.

BadlyWiredDog

Cool, shout if you're stuck and I'll dig it out and post it off to you. Seen one broken before as well, one of the Hayfield lads, you don't really expect it cos its so beefy looking :-/

Simwit

Had this happen myself, snapped by the most puny looking root winding up through my mech. Didn't half go with a bang 😥 Got my replacement from CRC, next day delivery.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mine popped when someone farted in he general direction of the bike. Really not impressed. Tim at Sideways sorted me out though.

Alex

hmm maybe I'll get two even at £25 a pop. Love that bike but when I first had it, I had to file the dropouts to get the axle in!

willv

not bust the drop out yet but had the front triangle replaced under warranty when cracks appeared on the shock brace welds – Pace sorted all no problem.

Had to face the rear disc mounts quite a bit too so it didnt rub

like the bike a lot

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pace 405 Drive side Dropout – where from and how quick?’ is closed to new replies.