Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pace 303 – Seat post insertion
  • thatscold
    Free Member

I have a large size Pace 303 and I'm using an 410mm seat post. I have the seat post inserted so that it is just level with the minimum insertion mark on the frame, but the saddle still feels a little too low. I am 6'2 so not a giant. I know these frames have a reputation for breaking so I don't want to tempt fate, but do you think that they are over cautious with their markings, and should I just raise the seat a little higher?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think unless you can prove that the seat post was fouling the bottom bracket, you'll struggle with the Pace warranty! I'd leave it where it is. Perhaps a taller saddle or longer cranks but don't go over that mark!!!!!

thepodge
    Free Member

longer seatpost

brant
    Free Member

longer seatpost

Or longer cranks
    Or a saddle with more "rise"
    Or pedals with less height.
    Or slimmer shoes.

Longer post than a 410??

thepodge
    Free Member

Longer post than a 410??

i never said it was a perfect solution but gravity dropper do a 425mm one which would probably get you as much if not more than the height gain over some of the other ideas PLUS you get the up / down fun

Speshpaul

Well they warrentied my frame. It was one of the first to go so the tried the running the seat post above the limit line. But with the aid of my LBS (dave Mellors, Shrewsbury) we could demonstrate that i would need a 39 in inside leg to sit on the bike.
    I think the gusset makes to top/seat tube junction to strong so it has to give somewhere.
    Try all of the above, (or sell it and buy a cotic:-)

thatscold
    Free Member

Thanks, I've tried to find a longer seatpost, can anyone point me in the right direction? I like the idea of a gravity dropper, they are just a bit too pricey.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Roox S4 on ebay.de is 430mm long. Decent posts I think too!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pace 303 – Seat post insertion’ is closed to new replies.