Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • P87 tax relief question
  • donks
    Free Member

For the last 5 years I’ve been getting £0.18 per mile for my travel expenses and have left it there. New employee tells me we can submit the above form and recoup the tax relief for up to £0.45 per mile. I’m interested to know if this can be back dated for the 5 years. I have a record of the work related mileage from the expense forms so could provide a tally for each year. Probably talking about less than 10’000 miles per year but still?

footflaps

I’ve had past tax years corrected, just write to IR explaining the issue and they’ll go back and change it all for you.

In my case I’d been forgetting to divide pension contributions by 0.8, so had a few years back dated and got a cheque for the difference in return….

craigxxl
    Free Member

I think last time I submitted P87’s for a client they only accepted the last 3 years and requested mileage logs, which he had. His claim was quite substantial and well over the 10k miles threshold.
    If you work from home a lot you can claim for home use too on a actual basis or simplified expense.

onewheelgood

I successfully claimed 3 years back – paid for my Anthem 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘P87 tax relief question’ is closed to new replies.