Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • P7 V CRUSH V COVE?
  • mollski
    Free Member

HI im thinking of buying 1 of the above but will have the cove built,i love the look of the crush but have been told they are very heavy,ive heard that the p7 is also an awesome bike?i do manily cx but love 140mm forks up front,anybody ride any of the above please

lyons
    Free Member

they are all really good bikes. Which cove were you thinking of?

mollski
    Free Member

handjob i think ,were told the stiffe is hard work for cx

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

there pretty different bikes. the cove is an xc steel hardtail and the crush is an alloy hardcore hardtail. depends on how you ride i guess. you get allot for your money with the crush. cove is going to cost you more for sure.

good luck choosing

chorlton
    Free Member

I've had a P7 for the past 2 years and love it. It's about 28 pounds with 130mm forks on. I can't see why anyone needs anymore on a hard tail.

mollski
    Free Member

ok guys thanks looks like p7 pro or crush then

dandan
    Free Member

I have had a p7 for a month. Puts a huge smile on my face, really excellent bike.

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

riding a crush, very pleased. :mrgreen:

its not real heavy.

good spec for the cash

ton

mollski, what size..

mollski
    Free Member

19inch bud

ton

20'' mm bp in blue…….mint

mollski
    Free Member

im lost is that what you got or for sale?

ton

sorry, for sale.

mollski
    Free Member

got any photos please

ton

this frame

Supertackysteve
    Free Member

i've had P7 pro for over 2 years now – just brilliant and with 140mm forks i give up before the bike lol. you wont regret it if you do get one.

just mind seat tube for slipping down though – see post on here a couple of days ago – bit of carbon assembly grease seems to stop it happening and like anything hand made in good old blighty there's always something thats slightly quirky or character building

mollski
    Free Member

ok thanks guys

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I've got a P7,good,but not great and too much money. On One,or Ragley?

GaryLake
    Free Member

Isn't the Crush all but sold out already? Not surprised for the money…

coatesy
    Free Member

Sunset in Cardiff have a few 19" crushes in stock.

DaveE

Built 2010 spec a few months ago and can't praise it enough.
    On the flip side mate has 2010 Crush and that is great too.
    P7 has more options ie singlespeed etc. 8)

mollski
    Free Member

LOVE THE LOOK OF THE CRUSH BUT EVERYBODY WHO RIDES ROUND BUY ME keeps saying they are for dhill only and i do cx with a few dhill runs ?

grim168
    Free Member

Crush has changed slightly for 2010. not quite so hardcore and lost some weight. it was tested in what mountain bike and came out well.

stupot
    Free Member

I've got a P7 and can't fault it, in fact its te only bike i really use now. I've come from a XC bike history but wanted something a bit more aggressive. Its certainly encorages you on the way down, but also does'nt feel sluggish on the way up.

mollski
    Free Member

IM STUCK I LIKE BOTH,

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

flip a coin

mollski
    Free Member

lol like it my heart with crush head says p7

GaryLake
    Free Member

I think for 2010 it's more like an Alloy P7 really…

mk1fan
    Free Member

The Handjob is the wrong Cove to be looking at – although a great frame 140mm is too much travel. It'll take a 130mm fork but is best (imo) at 100-110. It rides the same as my Hustler. The Stiffee is the Cove you should consider if 140mm forks is a must. I'll happily ride XC on mine all day long. It's also burly enough for DH which I think the Handjob and P7 aren't really suitable for.

mollski
    Free Member

many thanks for the price imay go for crush

chakaping
    Free Member

Old Crush was an anvil, new ones a lot lighter it seems.

Genesis Alpitude maybe worth a look too?

Bregante

Marin Rocky Ridge worth a look

andywarner
    Free Member

I've had a P7 for 2 years and my riding improved loads. It's a great fun go-anywhere bike. However, I got the 07 Pro at the start of the 08 season for a grand, but the same bike is 1.5k now with a worse spec which would make me dubious – I'm not sure it's worth that much. Still a bloody good bike though and I wouldn't swap it. Can't see myself ever needing another bike either unless I manage to break it. (All my riding is on ther NYM and in Dalby Forest btw).

steve_b77
    Free Member

Surely a CX bike would be best for CX 🙄

mollski
    Free Member

CAN YOU DO CX ON CRUSH OR IS IT WAY TO HARD?

coatesy
    Free Member

Are we all confusing CX(cyclocross) with XC(cross country) by any chance? If it's XC then you'll probably get on fine with it.

enfht
    Free Member

The crush is noticeably lighter than a P7 and even the R8 but I don't consider my P7 to be heavy so I guess it's what you're used to. I doubt I could comfortably ride all day on a crush though which may be a factor for you too. The P7 and crush are both "hardcore" hardtails so its horses for courses and whether you believe the supposed advantage of steel over alu for hardtail frames.

mollski
    Free Member

P7 THEN

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘P7 V CRUSH V COVE?’ is closed to new replies.