Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • P7 owners any out there
  • mollski
    Free Member

OK guys buying a bike is doing my fruit in,i started out wanting to buy a crush then went down my local bike shop on monday to order 1,then the guy says have you seen the kona five 0,now ive been told for my kind of rideing its got to be the p7,i manily ride canal bridal path few dirt trails woods etc,no downhill stuff,so if you own a p7 tell me what you think? also im 6ft 1 will a 19inch frame be ok or a 21?

MrNutt
    Free Member

the 19in frame would be about spot on for you, they are great bikes to ride.

Ieuanmotorbike
    Free Member

hi i have a p7 which i love but, i also have a 29er and its just a little bit better

martymac

im 5′ 10″ with a 30.5″ inside leg, my 19″ fits me fine.
    cant really fault mine, tbh.
    i have mine set up with 80mm forks, and flat bars/longish stem, have also used it with risers/short stem and its all good.
    best thing i could say? i would buy another.

Mackem

Whilst I love the P7 (i have 2) I would say from your description that it would be the wrong bike for you. Although it would do everything you want, I think you would do better with something lighter/cheaper and a smaller fork.

downgrade
    Free Member

5ft11 ish here with a 19″ which seems ideal for me. If you’re not sure obviously best thing is to try the different sizes if you can (I didn’t 😳 )

Mine was my only bike for a while so used it for all sorts, even loaded up for a bit of light touring…

21st September 2009

Absolutely love mine and currently feeling bad it has been abandoned in the shed for a few months

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

I got one a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it!
    I’m 6’5 & have a 21″ which is still roomy.
    They have a long top tube so you won’t feel cramped.
    They are a bit on the ‘hardcore’ side, designed for 120-140mm forks.
    There are cheaper frames out there but I wouldn’t swap mine for anything.

sweepy
    Free Member

Im 6’4 and my 19″ frame feels spot on, at your height I’d try the 19, but I’d also try the 17″ before deciding.

Actually thinking of putting soma F8 forks and slicks on it for a tour, how did you find fitting the rack Downgrade? I drilled out the non drive side dropout rack mount to fit the extra bolt on the new dropouts, so cant use that.

downgrade
    Free Member

I used an “Axiom Oddyssey Disc” rack which clamps on the bottom of the seatstays instead of using mounts

Not the most elegant (or probably lightweight) solution but never caused me any problems. No-brand pannier bags off Ebay did a good cheap job as well

sweepy
    Free Member

Ta, I was looking at those, plus another axiom one that was wider to stop the panniers swinging into the wheel, but wasnt sure if it had the same mountings as yours. Dont seem to be avaliable anymore tho.

senorj

I have one – very comfy bike.I love it.
    It replaced a sub5 as my main bike.
    Took me a week or two to get used to the extra weight –
    I think i just got fitter.It runs away with itself going downhill 😀 .
    Mine has140mm forks ,so for the riding you describe maybe go 120mm.
    (or rigid 🙂 )
    I reckon you’d be better with the p7 over the crush too.

w1lksy
    Free Member

I’ve had a P7 for a few months now and love it. Just over 5’10” and ride a 17″. Fits me brilliantly.
    Forks running at 120mm and use it for Dalby and more natural stuff over the NY Moors. Find it comfortable for a hard tail after spending most of my time over the past few years on a FS bike.

Del

i run a 2010 with an alfine hub. 5-10 and a bit on a 17″ frame. perfect for me. keep thinking about trying it singlespeed, but worried that if i do, i’ll end up retiring the inbred. it’s a lot of frame for the sort of riding you describe, and not the lightest. maybe think about a pipedream or a genesis io frame? bit lighter, fork travel more like 100 – 130mm.
    the P7 feels like it has suspension sometimes. it does draw me into hitting things quicker and quicker.

bluebird
    Free Member

I’m 6’1″ and ride a 19″ P7 and it’s a perfect fit. Bike fit is a very personal thing though so, as a few people have already said, try and swing a leg over one before buying.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘P7 owners any out there’ is closed to new replies.