Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • P7 Battery storage – to charge or not to charge?
  • tandemwarriors

I guess I’m not the only one thinking this, but now that most of the world’s stock of P7 torches are owned by the frequenters of this fine forum, and that the nights have now drawn out and those torches are being put away until the autumn, how do we store the 18650 batteries?
    My old lead/acid lump for the BLT’s had to be kept topped up every few weeks, but what’s the best way to prolong the life of this new-fangled battery technology?

Do we discharge them for storage, fully charge them and just leave ’em until autumn, or top them up occasionally?

Wise words from someone in the know greatly appreciated, wouldn’t want to knacker my stock of perfectly good batteries.

Thanks.
    Rob

ReallyOldGit
    Free Member

Check out LIPO battery care – Do a google seach, Lithuim rechargeables used in Radio Control Models, are generally reckoned to keep best part charged, leaving then discharged could cause problems as they will loose some charge in storage and possibly drip below the min voltage and will not then recharge. New batteries seem to come 1/2 to 2/3 charged anyway!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘P7 Battery storage – to charge or not to charge?’ is closed to new replies.