Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • P7 * 7 torch
  • scu98rkr
    Free Member

Has this been discussed ?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.20233

Even if it has all the better.

Northwind

Great googly moogly! That's no torch, it's a space station.

It doesn't make a lot of sense, mind… The output is low, which combined with the battery life makes me assume that the cells just can't power the 7 emitters properly. The draw on a P7 is usually in the 2.8A region so it doesn't look like there's any way these are getting even half that.

I guess they could take the same body and do a 3-emitter unit, basically 3 torches in one instead of this silly thing. It'd probably beat the output for that matter.

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

1300 lumens? Pfft! That's dim – even dimmer after an hour!

Great light to have in a pub fight but kinda impractical on a bike.

mboy
    Free Member

They're not P7's… They're single die emitters like R2's or the like… ie. they'll run at a max current of 1000mA.

To be honest, 2 P7's is gonna weigh a lot less, put out more light, be cheaper and more versatile and generally better lights. Though it does look quite cool in a "I've got the biggest baddest torch in the town" kinda way… 😉

Northwind

Oh, so they are, good shout. I didn't pay enough attention to the listing obviously 😳

devs
    Free Member

I reckon that is 7 P4 emmiters. A single P7 is 4 P4s on the same die so the power output is about right. 7*P7 would, in theory, be about 6300 lumens.

tinsy
    Free Member

There are also 1500 lumen torches about, I do wonder who(if anyone) has made a bike light from them using a turboferret 18650 battery pack..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘P7 * 7 torch’ is closed to new replies.