Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • P1sspots as snowboard helmets
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Anyone use a pisspot as a Ski / snowboard helmet? Got mine I’m thinking of taking but ears might be cold…

B

lucien

Depending on the helmet, you can wear a beanie underneath?

On One / Planet X were selling snowboard helmets a couple of years back at very low prices, and were well made – not sure what happened after that or if they still do.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I do and have done for the past few seasons (ski helmets are so overpriced).

If it’s chilly pop a buff underneath the helmet, but usually I’m glad to have the ventilation and also to be able to hear properly.

TSG superlight is my weapon of choice, though I’m currently rocking a POC potty.

legend
    Free Member

Beannie underneath and just tell people you’re going East Coast style – sorted.

alpin
    Free Member

as above… a beanie or preferably a buff around the ears. better than no helmet. i would have ended up in hospital last week if it wasn’t for my – now broken – helmet….

Bushwacked
    Free Member

TSG here – do need a new one but paying an extra £30-£40 for ear muffs seems a bit steep.

Saved me some cash then

globalti
    Free Member

Spotted in Lagos, Nigeria, where helmets have been made mandatory for motorcycle taxi riders:

passtherizla
    Free Member

All the cool kids do it and have done for years… usually with a beanie and the helmet about 2 sizes 2 big so that it dangles off the back of the head… pointless but the park rats seem to think it looks cool.

BoardinBob

It may be nonsense, but I was under the impression that conventional pisspot helmets weren’t suitable as the plastics and other materials they’re made from can’t withstand the cold temperatures and are more likely to break. Specific ski or snowboard helmets are supposedly made from suitable materials that will withstand the cold and won’t break.

db

My Giro Encore is certified for both bike and snow not sure how many others are. (also came with ear covers)

Maybe a good option if you are buying a new helmet for both sports

🙂

oliverd1981
    Free Member

It may be nonsense, but I was under the impression that conventional pisspot helmets weren’t suitable as the plastics and other materials they’re made from can’t withstand the cold temperatures and are more likely to break.

So you can’t skateboard of BMX in the winter? I’d say that’s tosh. plus they’re very overbuilt compared to MTB lids

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yes. Buff to keep ears warm.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘P1sspots as snowboard helmets’ is closed to new replies.