Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • P*** taking weather !!!!
  • oldfart

So i decided to man up this afternoon and get out .In the first mile i got caught in a hailstorm then nearly blown off me bike then sprayed with Slime from a front wheel puncture .(not strictly the weather's fault i know )Thought i'd keep going after front tyre self sealed and the hail stopped .In the next 5 miles 2 more hailstorms sky as black as your hat and head / cross wind to kill for !
    So i decide as i'm soaked and cold i'll give it up and head for home being Mr Sensible .Guess what ?As soon as i put bike away the wind dropped and the sun came out ! 👿 It's been like that for the last hour now .So i did the man thing , sulked said bollocks to it and decided i can't be assed to turn out again !

mtbfix

It is rubbish, this weather. Bring on Spring!

devs
    Free Member

Horizontal snow all day here. I'm waiting till it gets dark before I go out though. Too easy otherwise.

rs
    Free Member

😆

nosherduke996
    Free Member

This is spring !

higthepig
    Free Member

oldfart,

Where about are you, same thing happened to me this afternoon, and I'm in the southern Nederland's near Maastricht! (although missed the delight of a puncture).

_tom_
    Free Member

Weathers been rubbish today, raining and hailing on and off. Not riding today though, I'm still recovering from a day in the rainy Long Mynd yesterday. Great ride but got absolutely soaked/covered in mud!

oldfart

higthepig deepest darkest somerset !!!!

higthepig
    Free Member

higthepig deepest darkest somerset !!!!

Bugger, so you can have the same weather in two places at the same time, who would have thought it………………

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

same here at Cmwcarn but weather turned out brilliant :-)Fairly sheltered trail. Was in two minds whether to go or not because of the weather. Glad I did. Maybe cheeky one tomorrow morning 😉

Being UST no issues with tyres and slime though LOL believe me UST is the way to go. Fit and forget the issues of punctures.

Christowkid
    Free Member

oldfart: Woke up to flakes of snow mixed in with a rainy day, about 8 miles west of Exeter, in Teign Valley. Though raining it was snowing on and off. Went to get some wood to light the fire at 11am and realised the lawn was getting white, despite it being really wet. Neighbour left and his truck was white too! Nothing settled but couldn't believe the snow was trying to settle on top of such wetness. Local BBC showed a gritter coming off the road at Warren House on Dartimoor, at about 5am this morning, the poor man had to walk 2-3 miles in the snow as no mobile reception!!! It looked white up there.
    Lit the fire and watched the recorded prog from last night – Mark Beaumont riding through the America's! Warmth + cuppa = bliss!
    Yep. Wimp.
    Q

oldfart

Wimp ? Nah !!!!
    Captain sensible more like it !!!!

epicsteve
    Free Member

I live on the outskirts in Balerno and we've got several inches of snow, but I'm just back from Morningside (just a few miles further into town) and there is no sign of snow there at all.

Picto
    Free Member

Been for a spin over Cannock Chase with the new toy tonight. Cold, wet and did I say cold. Had hail, snow and lots of rain. And it was cold.

Pook

went out into the peak. Bitterly cold as we were getting ready which started the ride on the wrong foot. We were teased by a tiny bit of sun but it lasted all of two mins. Grim.

sp
    Free Member

sulked said bollocks to it and decided i can't be assed to turn out again !

😆

I like your style 😆

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Sorry people. Its my fault. I'm doing a rain dance daily until my injured hand recovers enough to let me ride again.

Possibly the weekend after next will be dryer.

devs
    Free Member

Actually, I think you'll find it's my fault for banging on the summer tyres. It was dusty just a few days ago.

druidh
    Free Member

It's perfectly normal to have snow at this time of year. Some folk have just gotten used to milder weather over the last decade or so.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘P*** taking weather !!!!’ is closed to new replies.