Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Oxford: Hotels/Accommodation ideas?
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

Staying for one night only, city-centre, next weekend for a birthday party. I’ll likely be getting absolutely mullered, so probably a bit of a waste to king it up in a five-star room I’ll see for a couple of hours if at all. At the same time, I’d rather not stay at some guest/crack-house that’s recently been at the centre of a child prostitution scandal…

Will also need somewhere to dump the car.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Is the birthday party in the centre of town? The chain budget hotels are mostly on the outskirts of town so what you save on the hotel you may end up paying in taxi fare!

EDIT: or you could just blag your way into the youth hostel on Hythe Bridge Street and spend the night on the sofa watching TV or playing pool with some pished-up Dutch lads!!

ElShalimo

I think there’s a big YHA on the Botley Road

jkomo

Big faceless chain hotel on the ring road your best bet.
    Buses frequent or just get a taxi.
    If you go out towards Cowley, there’s some good pubs on the way in to the City centre which is mostly shit.

onlysteel
    Free Member

Holiday Inn, by Peartree P&R. North side of city, on the ring road next to A34 junction. Taxi.

Bullet
    BillMC

‘Oxford University rooms’ are cheap and central.

Kahurangi

You’ll struggle to park a car near the city centre though. Ring road + bus/taxi for that.

jamesmio
    Free Member

Give these guys a buzz – genuinely lovely to deal with and have access to lots of nice and/or affordable spots:

Home

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Oxford: Hotels/Accommodation ideas?’ is closed to new replies.