• This topic has 61 replies, 48 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by beej.
Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • owning your dream car, even though it'll be sh*t?
  • dogmatix

On the Capri, I was also going to say, surely the 280 is the one to go for? But, not sure about that turbo kicking in on what is already a rear happy car. I had the pleasure of spinning out my 2.0s (bright mustard colour) in the wet on a roundabout, unintended.

BoardinBob

I almost bought a 1979 Corvette Stingray last week…

Tiger6791

Starting a Theme.

I have my dream car, it is a quite a bit rubbish. Noisy, leaks, not comfy, etc.

Can’t seem to part with it though 😀

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

bitd my dream car was a TVR Griffith. Loved the sound but as I couldn’t afford one I bought one of the 350i wedges. Old and a bit grim. I spent nearly 8k on the car just keeping it on the road. I was stooped.

A few years later I bought a second hand Griffith, gorgeous car. Hardly had anything go wrong on it, very cheap car to keep going. 5 litres of oomph. Lovely. I sold it to fund travelling.

It can go both ways but life is too short to get stressed about it, just get on with it.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

If you didn’t design it and build it yourself then you are just traffic…

Always promised myself that I would design my own car and not as shit as I feared

rocketman
    Free Member

Not cars but have owned a number of dream bikes – Ducati Guzzi Laverda MV Harley – and objectively they were all crap

Northwind

I remember seeing one of those with a 1.8t in it, described as a getaway teatray 😆

Me, I want a firenza with a v8 in it. I could do the spannering but I can’t weld, and I think that’s probably a minimum entry requirement with a 70s vauxhall. There was a factory 302 but they’re proper hens teeth.

Practical dream car, if there’s such a think, is a spec b legacy estate. Fuel bill would hurt me but it seems livable with otherwise…

jools182
    Free Member

Well done OP

You only live once

I’m after an old Alfa, but as I’m saving the meager amount bit by bit, the prices keep rising 😐

sobriety
    Free Member

When I was 14 I want an Aprilia RS125, when I was 17 I couldn’t afford to buy or insure one. Now I’m 33 I have one, and two more in bits.

It’s bloody uncomfortable, unreliable, gloriously Italian in it’s assbackwardsness in a few places and utterly useless around town.

I love it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Passat 1.9 TD, 1994, lovingly restored to showroom condition. Yeah baby.

aracer
    Free Member

It’s been your dream to have it working?

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Always promised myself that I would design my own car and not as shit as I feared”

But but but ….. its a BMW in a skirt…..

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Always wanted one.

Will be a bit sh&t probably but fun.

binners

You don’t buy cars with your head. Well… you could do, but where’s the fun in that?

In an hour I’ve got to take my Golf GTi in, and spaff another couple of hundred quid on what seems like its bi-weekly new set of front tyres.

Still love the thing though 😀

twinw4ll
    Free Member

K11 Nissan Micra with the SR20DET Turbo engine fitted, discreetly.

Saccades
    Free Member

MG Express (Just found a good condition 160 for £2k which is tempting).

MG ZT-T with that V8 mustang engine.

kcal

On of these, please –

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

“Always promised myself that I would design my own car and not as shit as I feared”

But but but ….. its a BMW in a skirt…..

And a very pretty skirt in my opinion. I wqas never going to be able to design a whole car fromt he ground up but what I have designed is the interior and exterior. i also altered the set up so it handles differently.

I agree not totally ‘designed’ by me but hopefully you will agree not totally shit

🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

to be fair when i first read your thread i expected ….

to be the outcome.

BadlyWiredDog

Funny things cars, I’m not really a ‘car person’ but I seem to own both a Mk2 Golf Gti with a tweaked motor and a Corrado VR6 Storm, but my unrequited ‘dream’ car for reasons I don’t entirely understand, is the Polo G40 – basically a Mk3 Polo with a supercharged engine.

Very stealth, quite rare, essentially quite silly and not likely to end well… erm, but they’re only around £2.5k now. Oh dear…

Dylan08
    Free Member

Mini Moke with a 1275, but only in the dry summer! 🙂

beej

Currently for sale at Paul Matty

I’ve wanted a Typre 49 for ages. Things might be happening that would allow me to buy it, but I’d need to tidy the garage to get it in there.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘owning your dream car, even though it'll be sh*t?’ is closed to new replies.