Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Own up. Who set up a Twitter feed in my user name?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

A random google threw up a Twitter feed as McMoonter linking to threads on here. I never set it up and have never used or read a thread on Twitter. It seems George Clarke is a follower. I’m not sure what to make of it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mcmoonter

bearnecessities

All the hallmarks of someone that gives this place a little too much importance in life. Ignore & move on; clearly a tool.

Bregante

Sincerest form of flattery, apparently. 😀

nedrapier

That’s really odd.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A random Google…

Yes, of course…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

A random Google…

Yes, of course…

I tried to check a newly opened instagram account using google and this Twitter feed appeared.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

That’s some next level bitching – 3 years old as well 😆

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Wow, that is proper odd behaviour. Weird enough to do it in the first place but to keep it up for 3 years is plain creepy.

piemonster

Reminds me of STW argue, quite a lot tbh.

Clearly not McMoonter.

edhornby

Looks like an automated account set up by a web bot, no human content and only posts when you create a thread.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I clicked the link and thought it a little funny if weird. Scrolled down and saw how long it had been going and, well, its either automated or updated by a bit of a basket case.

v8ninety

Awwwww, that’s got Fred written all over it. Miss the little sociopathic narcissist. <waves> Hi Fred! (He’s bound to be watching)

ironnigel
    Free Member

Yeah. I have a farcebook account set up. Not by me. Probably one of my farcebook loving mates knowing my email address.
    Every week I get several ‘friend requests’ in my inbox. Some from my mates (regular repeaters) some from folk I know thru work, others are complete strangers.
    All get ignored and deleted.

Drac

How very odd.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Who was Fred again?

Pook

Yeah that is a bit weird

peterfile
    Free Member

Jeez, that’s creepy!

senorj

Yes ,creepy is the word.
    To get all “midsomer murder” on you,it’s probably someone you know!!!

binners

I think I’d be a tad freaked out by that 😯

torsoinalake
    Free Member

People are strange.

You can report it, not sure what will happen though:

https://support.twitter.com/forms/impersonation

grahamt1980

Double bluff to get more clicks on the page I reckon.
    Well played McMoonter

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve reported the feed to Twitter under their impersonation policy.

Thankfully and predictably there seems to have been very little traffic relating to the feed, that in itself bemuses me as to why its creator would persist in its continuation.

I find STW a great resource and a hugely supportive and enthusiastic community. Whenever I’ve posted or read anything on here it astonishes and amuses me in equal measure how diverse and compassionate a random group of cyclists can be.

To whoever has taken it upon themselves to maliciously impersonate me, my email address is still in my profile. I’d be interested to listen to why you feel the need undertake this action. My life has been as challenging as anyone’s on here.

ironnigel
    Free Member

Great attitude McMoonter. Keep it alive. It’s an odd world this STW.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s deeply creepy. Unpleasant, too.

It does rather have the hallmarks of a thankfully former member of this parish. Nasty.

chakaping
    Free Member

Wow, that’s concerning on a couple of levels.

Did you have any beef with he who must not be named before his excommunication?

v8ninety

creepy…weird…odd…strange…unpleasant

Yup, it’s got to be. He’s like a forum ghost

joat

Mmmm, starts a thread about someone self publicising, mmm.
    Not really, someone with a big problem. Bigger than having more timber than most arborists would know what to do with.

Pigface
    Free Member

Very odd but there are some right weirdos out there. Surfmatt once of this parish has been stalked by a few people and it is still going on. Stupid sod is convinced its me as we have had quite a few barneys on SSB. Truth is he has behaved so weirdly on so many different forums it could be anyone.

Mcmoonter hope you get it sorted out.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Wow, that’s concerning on a couple of levels.

Did you have any beef with he who must not be named before his excommunication?

I’ve never met him, if it is who has been suggested above, I only ever contributed to one or two of the architectural threads he started.

Harry_the_Spider

How very odd.

GrahamS

How very odd.

Judging by the comments on each post it doesn’t seem to be automated and reading the sub-text it seems to be someone that thinks you are a bit of a show off for “flaunting” your wood and fiefdom.

Not something I’ve ever thought myself. Personally I enjoy your contributions and I’ve always thought you were fairly matter-of-fact about it all – not showy at all. So in that mind I’d put it down to simple resentment and jealousy.

paul4stones

Who was ‘eyepic’? I reckon it’s them.

footflaps

Let me know when they Lynch mob is forming, I’ve just sharpened my pitch fork….

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Same as GrahamS, Just envy possibly?. Report it and please (genuinely) carry on as normal, don’t let it stop you contributing, you’re one of the more interesting posters on here, timber, travel and other tales.

matt_outandabout

There are some odd folks in this world.

Meh.

Move on.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Please don’t let it stop you. I’m happy to read your contributions, even if I’m consumed by jealous envy at your firewood mountains.

martinhutch

That is bizarre. That must be one sadsack to get that wound up about the interesting stuff you post up here.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

How very odd.

Judging by the comments on each post it doesn’t seem to be automated and reading the sub-text it seems to be someone that thinks you are a bit of a show off for “flaunting” your wood and fiefdom.

Not something I’ve ever thought myself. Personally I enjoy your contributions and I’ve always thought you were fairly matter-of-fact about it all – not showy at all. So in that mind I’d put it down to simple resentment and jealousy.

For the record. I don’t live an especially flamboyant, frivolous or privileged life. I never have. I have lived and worked as an artist since I left art college. I enjoy creative projects, by posting their outcomes on here my hope is that they may inspire, in the way that I am inspired by those which others undertake. You’ll never see me post something that hasn’t been a challenge to create, financially, technically or physically. Many would never have succeeded were it not from the input received on here. I will equally applaud those that share their projects too.

I’ve sought and shared advice on mental and physical illness, Those inputs have been the most valuable.

When I start a what Lamborghini to get to my pad in the Riviera thread, I’d feel this type of persecution was justified. But when I’m welding up the sills of my twenty year old Discovery so I can reclaim some fallen timber to heat my home and studio I feel it’s a little unjustified.

My life so far hasn’t been at all easy and it’s future is as uncertain as the next mans.

Bregante

I think I probably speak for many others when I say this but there’s absolutely no need for you to justify your posts on here and you don’t come across as a “show-off” in any way, shape or form.

The author of that Twitter account is the one with the issues.

billyboy
    Free Member

Good luck dealing with this…I’d be really pissed off if it happened to me.

There again…having a doppelganger might be useful!!!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Own up. Who set up a Twitter feed in my user name?’ is closed to new replies.