Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • Own name on top tube, how/where
  • KINGTUT
    Free Member

IMO unless you are a world class racer it's all kinds of wrong, nicknames aren't so bad but still wrong.

There was a guy on here who had 'Russel Muscle' on his top tube, couldn't make up my mind to laugh, cringe or puke.

That said i've got a private reg, so I'm probably no better.

Olly
    Free Member

That said i've got a private reg, so I'm probably no better.

Smirk 😉

vinyl looks good and lasts well i find.

though i bought the dragon, didnt make it.

ive been tempted to take the engraver to my seat tube to put some whistful text down it, but have resisted.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Are we guilty here of the cycling equivalent of those 1980's Sharon & Kevin windscreen stickers?

tomdebruin
    Free Member

My name is slightly wrong though, it should be a lowercase D, and I'm half dutch.

alpin
    Free Member

My name is slightly wrong though,…………………… I'm half dutch.

😛

i found an old frame and used it as an excuse to build up a fixie. sanded it down and re-painted it. made my own bike company, "Radl" – Bavarian for bike, and had some stickers made up.

have just de-stickered my Alpine. the font style reminded me of the old Nazi font used in posters – no the best thing when one lives in germany. will get a new set of stickers made up along with my name for the down tube.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

I find this about as sad as personalised registrations on cars but each to his own – Ebays' awash with vinyl cutting oufits…

chakaping
    Free Member

I find this about as sad as personalised registrations

Innit, but Alpin's looks pretty sweet actually, dude.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

gingerflash

Headset cap: –

Get them from Purely Custom. They're in the US but quick and pretty cheap. they do personalised headset spacers too.

RustySpanner

and I'm half dutch.

Shouldn't your bike be an Orange then?

I think all these look fine, no problem with them, and I'm someone who thinks personalised reg plates are sadder than your hamsters funeral.

dmiller
    Free Member

My name is slightly wrong though, it should be a lowercase D, and I'm half dutch.

I though the dB part of Tom dB was because you were in charge of the data base! 😳

Crell
    Free Member

Actual name is for poseurs or seriously hot-shit riders/pro's

Not sure where your average Islabike owner fits on that scale, but having your name on the top-tube certainly has 6 year old appeal.

cinnamon_girl

OK, it has to be asked …

If said name gets clocked by another rider or, heaven forbid, a group of riders – what happens next:

1. Hi, I'm … from the STW Forum. Shake hands, admire bike etc.

2. You're …? What a c0ck you are.

3. You sold me some duff forks, take this smack in the mouth.

Answers from the 'cool gang' please. 😀

twinklydave

TBH you'd be better off getting some designers create both the graphics…and the whole frame for you 😀

KINGTUT
    Free Member

29 Inch Race Power? You're having a laugh .

gingerflash

Cinnamon – I'm always quite alarmed at how many STWers recognise me and MrsF and know all sorts of things about us. Frame stickers wouldn't make any difference. 🙁

KINGTUT
    Free Member

If said name gets clocked by another rider or, heaven forbid, a group of riders – what happens next:

Ignore them.

cinnamon_girl

gingerflash – aha, but you and mrsf behave well on here 😀

cinnamon_girl

A question for the attention whores/shouty folk who have these products:

Have you ever regretted it and experienced tears on the trails?

Dave
    Free Member

Why? Seriously?

So you know which bike is yours at the Press Camp.

iain1775
    Free Member

Names on bikes
    Its a bit of fun nothing more nothing less
    hardly worth getting all worked up about STWers

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

i bought a new decal set for my Lyriks off an ebay trader (in south america!) and he includes your name on the decal sheet as a freebie extra. At the mo it is on the bike, and the color just happens to be a spot-on match for the frame stickers, but I am not sure it will be staying on…

soma_rich
    Free Member

Where's best for custom top caps?

BigDummy
    Free Member

My Karate Monkey has Rollason[/b]*– **** Yeah![/b] on the top-tube.

Classy, and original. 😀

*This being my surname

alpin
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – Member

A question for the attention whores/shouty folk who have these products:

Have you ever regretted it and experienced tears on the trails?

no, but then i doubt there are that many STWers in Bavaria.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Nope, as people who have time to look at them on the trail are going far too slow or are too unfit and should concentrate on themselves!

Talkemada
    Free Member

I decided against that in the end, a woman likes to change her mind … frequently.

Are you sure about that Love? Don't you want to have a little think about it? 😉

Harmelss bit of fun. Alpin's is by far the coolest though, have to say (the 'RADL' bit). I'd much rather have a name of my choosing on my bike than advertise the manufacturer of the thing I've already paid good money for…

Forum names is a nice idea. Mind you, some naughty people woold have to have either loads of different bikes, or do a lot of crossing out/restickering… 🙄

alpin
    Free Member

fred dibnah paddedbra talkemada

…or did one of them pass me by unnoticed?

thomthumb
    Free Member

Mind you, some naughty people woold have to have either loads of different bikes, or do a lot of crossing out/restickering…

served a pizza to a bloke once that had 5 girls names tattooed on his arm – first 4 crossed out!!

tinsy
    Free Member

Tope tube.. tick

Private plate.. tick

Knob.. tick 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

I though the dB part of Tom dB was because you were in charge of the data base!

😳 😳 😳

rOcKeTdOg

No one ever notices mine and the shouty opinionated people on here and other forums are quite the opposite in real life without a keyboard to hide behind.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Please tell me that's not a Ferrari sticker on your car Tinsy..

KINGTUT
    Free Member

BigDummy – Member

My Karate Monkey has Rollason*- **** Yeah! on the top-tube.

Classy, and original.

*This being my surname

Are you related the 50s/60s actor of the same name?

hugorune

Don't do it. I got some stickers made up for my Orange Patriot and two weeks later it was stolen. Now some of you out there may suggest these two events were wholly unrelated but I know the gods of good taste were pissing on my narcissism.

tinsy
    Free Member

Kingtut of course it is… Fiat own Ferrari, think of it as a distant cousin 😉

I dont have that little car now.. it was a great car..

nockmeister
    Free Member

Thanks tinsy…coffee all over keyboard.

Olly
    Free Member

Personalised plate on a big german car makes you a knob

Personalised plate on a TINY fiat with a ferrari sticker on its butt.
    see now thats cool.

Chase
    Free Member

My nine year old lad did it using individually cut out letters from the sticker sheets given away nearly every month with MBUK.
    Looks pretty good actually – kind of a cross between a ransom demand and the Sex Pistols single covers.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Own name on top tube, how/where’ is closed to new replies.