Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Overwinter your chillis
  • mildbore

Suspect this may be a bit late for some of you, but it is something I have done for the last 2 years. Chillis are perennial and can live for about 7 years, and if you overwinter them it gives you a head start next year so increases your chance of a good crop. 3 of my plants are ripening their 2nd crop at the moment so that’s a bonus too. There’s a few online guides as to how, but basically it’s as simple as put them somewhere warm (above 10°C), keep an eye on them and give them a drink every fortnight or so. Good luck!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Mine are currently having a bit of a growth spurt having spent the summer outside in the garden and just brought them into the conservatory. The second crop is ripe, a third crop is growing and there are fresh flowers!

slowoldman

Ah, I read that as chills and wondered what on Earth you were blethering about.

myti
    Free Member

Usually do this however I’ve had so many chillies this summer that I now have a years or 2 supply in the freezer, made into chilli oil and chilli and garlic paste and the plants are infested with green fly that I can’t shift. So thinking of ditching and starting again next year. Peruvian lemon drop if anyone wants to try them they are beautiful bright yellow fruit and hot and fruity taste.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

First year I cut mine right back for the “winter”. I use inverted commas as I’m in Australia and even winter is sunny and comparatively warm.

My butch t scorpion and cardi’s just seem to have stopped growing. Even leaf formation, they’re small. Peri Peri and Thai just grow like mad.

Just used a load of dried chilli and made some powder actually. Cue sneezing, running nose and general “oh dear I’ve pepper sprayed” myself feeling.

CountZero

Just used a load of dried chilli and made some powder actually. Cue sneezing, running nose and general “oh dear I’ve pepper sprayed” myself feeling.

😆
    How do you produce the pepper?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Overwinter your chillis’ is closed to new replies.