Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Overweight, ridden once in 6 months – should I go for a run this lunchtime?!?
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

So… 1.5 to 2 stone too phat. Ridden once in 6 months. Not ran anywhere since March.

Should I embarrass myself and squeeze into my running shorts/top?

How far should I try to run? It’s going to be horrible isn’t it?

Phat lazy get of nearly Sheffield

LoCo
    Free Member

Yeah just do it, don’t go mental though as you’ll end up walking funny for a few days after though.

signed, chubby get in Cornwall (although due to stopping smoking 5 months ago 😀 )

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

It’s cold and raining outside.

I’m also a little concerned that my shorts are a bit small and I might “do a partridge” and “come free at the sides”

LoCo
    Free Member

cycling shorts underneath just in case? 😯

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

🙂 is it too weird wearing tights under running shorts?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

OK, so you’re fat unfit and want to wear shorts that are too small on top of tights.

I would postpone the lunchtime jog until the evening when it’s dark.

LoCo
    Free Member

Probably preferable to flashing your wang at a passer by though 😆

wwaswas

If you don’t go for a run you won’t have been for a run and that’ll make you unhappy.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Well I’m not exactly fat as such. I have the physique of a frog – tall, long thin arms and legs but quite a wide torso.

Kermit in Lycra really. Hmm, I was looking for motivation :-S

binners

How about a brisk walk to the pub instead? For a pie?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

wwaswas – in that case I’ve been unhappy since March…

Kryton57

RopeyReignRider – Member
    is it too weird wearing tights under running shorts?

If its good enough for supermodels…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Well I’m not exactly fat as such. I have the physique of a frog – tall, long thin arms and legs but quite a wide torso.

In our house that physique is known as “egg on legs”

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’d go after lunch if I was you, give it an hour or so to settle though 🙂

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

binners – the pub is 2 doors away so not much of a walk.

It’s also a local pub for local people (I’m not “local” enough it seems)

wwaswas

If you’ve asked yourself if you should go for a lunchtime run every day since March and then chosen not to, maybe, but I tend to only feel unhappy at not riding when I’ve promised myself one, not when I haven’t. If you see what I mean.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Yeah you’re right. I was supposed to dust of my road bike at the weekend , wimped out due to wind and rain and then had a strop with myself for not doing it.

Right! I’m going to do it!! Performance stats shall be posted for your amusement upon my return!

nickc

You’ve got start somewhere, but TBH you’re better off spending the time deciding a plan for both exercise and food, and stick to it.

peabrain
    Free Member

Do it! Take it easy though. Mix of jogging and walking might be best.

fasthaggis

How about a brisk walk to the pub instead? For a pie?

binners knows best

twinw4ll
    Free Member

The only time you need to run is if someone is chasing you, all the runners i know are crazy people, my sister included. Best way to burn calories is to lift and you never meet any loons in the gym.

No, lunchtime is for eating your lunch.

toby1

50 minutes in and no updates, either a very good sign, or a very bad one!

Winter is the best time to start running as it’ll get you out in daylight – vitamins/sunshine all that sort of thing.

Also, the weather is horrible for running in summer when the sun is out and it’s hot, run in winter and you’ll keep yourself warm.

wwaswas

I’m feeling guilty already.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Well I didn’t die (not quite anyway).

Hmmmm, stravaists – does it usually do odd things with timings? When I got back it said that my average speed was 10min/mile (sort of slow painful jog) but now it says my average isn’t too horrendous (for me anyway).

It feels odd but I’m almost glad you lot persuaded me to do it! 🙂

wwaswas

🙂

8:25’s not a bad pace, I was always aiming for under 10 xc when I had brief injury induced venture into running.

Hope you don’t ache too much tomorrow!

bombjack
    Free Member

Result. Good work on getting out.
    No booze tonight and plenty of water, or tomorrow (and the day after) will be muchos sore.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

See, the Internet is useful sometimes! I wonder what I could do if I did it regularly and without reduced sleep and a bottle of wine the night before?!

The only problem is that now I need lunch and the only food in the house is a massive quiche that needs eating :-/

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Put a box of donuts at the top a hill and do repeats?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Step away from the quiche, real men don’t eat quiche 😆

stcolin
    Free Member

Well done fella. Decent pace too.

When is the next one?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

But but it’s a “posh” Aldi one (possible oxymoron) and says “seal it with a quiche” on the box. The wife won’t touch ergo henceforth it must get eaten :-S

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Hmmm next run eh? Errrrrm not sure tbh. I usually get home from work too late to go in the evenings (after mini RRR has been put to bed etc).

I only seem to have the time on Thursday lunchtimes when I work from home. Hmmmm

bikebouy
    Free Member

RopeyReignRider – Member
    I only seem to have the time on Thursday lunchtimes when I work from home. Hmmmm

Is that Hmmmmmm, you eating the Quiche by any chance?? 😆

perchypanther
    Free Member

Overweight, ridden once in 6 months – should I go for a run this lunchtime?!?

…if you keep this up you may get ridden once again in the next six months. 😀

stever
    Free Member

Good effort. Can you post again tomorrow or the day after so we can poke fun? 🙂

Kryton57

toby1

Saturday morning parkrun?

I can’t run 8.25’s even with training so you are far better off than me 🙂

mrsfry
    Free Member

Can you post pics of your running gear (not that i’m some weird stalker person)

nickc

good effort 🙂

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Cheers peeps. Quiche has gone. Quiche is no more.

Thing is, I’m a bit worried that perhaps my times are all wrong and strava’s having some sort of fit? I struggled to maintain that sort of pace when I ran regularly (although it was usually for 5+ miles).

Pics of my running kit eh? Google “Alan partridge coming free at the sides ” and you’ll not be far off 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Overweight, ridden once in 6 months – should I go for a run this lunchtime?!?’ is closed to new replies.