Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • Overtook a roadie today…
  • cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Overtook a roadie today going up a long draggie hill between trails. Saw him in the distance and hunted him down. Me on Evil Sov, 150mm forks, 2.4 minions, 31 lbs. Him on unknown lightweight road bike with rubber band tyres.

No doubt he was on mile 79, and I was on mile 9, but it was satisfying anyway. I gave him a cheery ‘hello’ to which he did not respond, he was not a happy bunny.

simondbarnes

You’re my hero

Haze

My hero!

matthew_h
    Free Member

Wow! Swoon

bigG
    Free Member

So? I overtook a Ferrari today (whilst I was driving my car obviously) does that mean I’m faster than Alonso?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Probably not a roadie, just an unfit mincer on a road bike. There’s loads of them about these days.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Wish I was you!

I had a great commuter race with someone for about 5 miles on Friday.
    Until he dropped me 🙂

tarquin
    Free Member

Did you then turn off and die in big fat sweaty mess, with your camelback on which carrys more tools than most mechanics? Once you had recovered by eating 50 Haribo manage to get the balls to ride the drop off the kerb?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

😆

Mackem

Oooh, it’s the 1990s MBUK letters page.

sbd16v
    Free Member

im an unfit mtber, thats just bought a road bike to start getting fitter

i expect you would overtake me aswell

pingu66
    Free Member

Yep unfit mincer here as well, just bought a more appropriate bike for the road to get fit, kids in the street overtake me, well not quite but I did have to accelerate!

antigee

to maintain the point of the thread i overtook my daughter on her bmx today but was gutted when i saw a jogger overtake her kid!

– Some people think Einstein thought of the theory of relativity when riding a bike – no doubt it was when overtaking a flagging roadie and he was on a fixie

martinhutch

I overtook a group of riders on Barden Moor today. 30 seconds later my crankarm fell off. That’ll teach me.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I wish I was that awesome, in reality the roadie was probably wondering why you were not actually riding trail and mincing round on roads

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Your adoration is touching guys. It’s so nice to be a hero to so many.

yossarian
    Free Member

I have just arrived.

gmex619
    Free Member

So your the roadie that CB overtook yoss? That sov really is fast! Or you really do mince.

yossarian
    Free Member

Arrived can also mean something else where I’m from. 😉

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

yossarian – Member
    I have just arrived.

Poor Mrs Yossarian! 😆

Kryton57

He probably was on mile 79, of his zone 2 ride. What a guy you are.

maxtorque

Only counts if you overtook him only on your back wheel, and then did a continuous front wheel endo trackstand at the next set of lights a-la DannyMac…….. 😉

matlockmeat
    Free Member

Love this. Nothing better than over taking a road rat.

Don’t knok this guys achievement by saying the guy on the road bike was an unfit mincer.

I’m going to guess he wasn’t a mincer and a proper roadie by the fact he didn’t reply back after the OP gave him a cheery “Hello”. Had that been a mincer he would have replied back.

Goes to show it was a proper road rat who was being extremely marsh at being overtaken by and MTB.

I always try and beat roadies when I’m out on the bike. Very satisfying and they hate it.
    I also witnessed a very old MTB’er overtake a roadie by doing a wheelie past him. The look on the roadies face was priceless as this guy went passed him on the back wheel!

mikey74
    Free Member

Overtook a roadie today going up a long draggie hill between trails. Saw him in the distance and hunted him down. Me on Evil Sov, 150mm forks, 2.4 minions, 31 lbs. Him on unknown lightweight road bike with rubber band tyres.

No doubt he was on mile 79, and I was on mile 9, but it was satisfying anyway. I gave him a cheery ‘hello’ to which he did not respond, he was not a happy bunny.

And the award for prick of the day goes to…

matlockmeat
    Free Member

…. The roadie for being a miserable prick and not acknowledging his fellow cyclist by saying hello. How ignorant.

mboy
    Free Member

Oooh, it’s the 1990s MBUK letters page.

😆

TiRed

Was it me? 76 mile club run including seven big Surrey Hills? Passed a lot of roadies myself, many going in the opposite direction. Two Sportives meant it was a bit busy out in the lanes.

And I always say good morning – even to runners.

DT78
    Free Member

Z2 training as above, or maybe recovering an injury. Even a fat mincer on a road bike would easily drop a big heavy mountain bike if they made the effort

shortcut

Good for you!

MrSmith
    Free Member

Well done you. 8)
    You are my freeride roadie slayer hero.

I overtook a roadie today, a sigma sport team rider with tanned shaved calves with muscle definition like Jessica Ennis’s 6-pack I was 60 miles into the ride sat on his wheel then dropped him like a stone.
    He was probably on a recovery ride after racing yesterday.
    Might go and start my own thread instead of trying to steal your hard fought glory. 🙄

oldgit
    Free Member

Could have been us, we were on best bikes full kit the lot. We had the odd one go past, but we were gassing and celebrating our ONE TWO THREE in the Archer ROAD RACE yesterday 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

I too dropped a rider today, she looked about 9 and was meandering all over the road.

Another scalp for me to add to the many on my top tube….

I
    Rock
    Me

wonnyj
    Free Member

Genuine well done. I love overtaking roadies when on an mtb

aracer
    Free Member

I overtook a mountain biker the other day. On my unicycle. Go me.

stufive
    Free Member

Some like it even less if you pass em on a road bike 😉

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Really not necessary bud. 🙂

larrydavid
    Free Member

^ probably true, but your OP was massively lame.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Sometimes it’s like Groundhog Day on here.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

larrydavid – Member
    ^ probably true, but your OP was massively lame.

Granted, not my best effort. Personal abuse wasn’t warranted though. I’ll try harder! 😀

mjsmke

This thread is interesting. I’ve never overtaken a roadie on my mtg but i must admit it does sound satisfying (but only if on a long climb where you stay in front the whole time). I guess it feels similar to when i’m at traffic lights in my small cheap-ish car and the big expensive car next to me in the wrong lane tries to cut me up only to realise i’m faster.

In all seriousness though on the bike whenever i overtake or get overtaken (overtaken most the time) i just say hello/morning/evening etc.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Overtook a roadie today…’ is closed to new replies.