Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • overt displays of affection in public
  • Solo
    Free Member

My temporary and unintentional diversion of the thread means I’ll leave it now.

I agree with most, for me there is ‘just’ a limit I ‘feel’ about how much should happen in public. A limit without prescribing gender.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Nice to see so many people saying, “this behaviour is not suitable for public spaces” rather than “I believe this behaviour is not suitable for public spaces”. 😉

Even if this was a publicity stunt – so what ? – the real world is full of things we may not like seeing or hearing – welcome to the world! And any one who thinks this might corrupt kids is a twit. Modern kids have the nous to realise that taking it for granted that same sex couples or others can kiss in public doesn’t make that behaviour compulsory.

I wonder if some people need to look at their own emotional reserve and difficulties before demonising others. You don’t want to look, don’t look!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I wonder if some people need to look at their own emotional reserve and difficulties before demonising others.

Worth repeating, I think.

v8ninety

It’s become unintentionally, quite amusing to see all those who’ve misinterpreted my comments and immediately type cast me.

Ah. But note the common denominator here… 😆

convert

the real world is full of things we may not like seeing or hearing – welcome to the world!

Very true. Which is why I was quite so surprised that when the two people in question were called upon their behaviour by members of the public and then a security bod they were so upset. Welcome to the world, sometimes you might not like what you are hearing but have to go along with common consent and not be so thin skinned. Your peers who you were sharing the space with found your behaviour inappropriate – stop whinging and get over yourselves.

GrahamS

If I was kissing my partner in public and someone approached me, told me it was “disgusting” and that we should stop because there were children around then I’d be a little upset too.

they were so upset…stop whinging

Do we have a good measure of how upset they were?

The quote from Malvern Rider suggested they are fairly robust characters:

“I am quite fierce and not a shy girl so I brushed it off. But it did leave me a bit shaky.
    …I am just glad that it did not happen to other more quiet and sensitive girls.”

convert

Well, upset enough to make it a news worthy story – I’m guessing it was their photographer who released the photos to the press. If they were actually upset or fake/showy upset to make it news worthy I don’t know.

This daily mail (yes, I know again) article gives a reasonable photographic sequence of events Again, would not bother me personally but I guess could be described as ‘ostentatious’ snogging which might not have been appropriate for the occasion – no idea as wasn’t there.

The elephant in the room is that they think its about their sexuality or are possibly using it as a level of protection for behaving as they choose. Personally I’m not sure it was, but who knows.

…I am just glad that it did not happen to other more quiet and sensitive girls.

You know, I don’t think quiet and sensitive girls who have had the problem in the first place!

annebr
    Free Member

TBH I can’t gauge how passionate/physical a kiss it was from the photo.

It may have been a well captured fleeting loving kiss or a prolonged tonsil hockey event.

Calling for it to stop because there are children present is ridiculous, however if I had been there and it was a tonsil hockey event, I’d have been likely to comment “Good lord, get a room!”

Cougar

I’ve changed my mind. The whole thing is a publicity stunt.

Look at the image Rusty posted on the previous page. The pics on the DM site are all watermarked with the name of the photographer who solicited for a gay couple to photograph to provoke a reaction.

Attention-seeking couple got attention. Film at 11.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The whole thing is a publicity stunt.

Most things are. Even you.

Cougar

I’m not a stunt, that’s a typographical error.

GrahamS

Cunning.

crankboy
    Free Member

trailing bait does not negate the questionability of the response elicited . Nobody argues class A dealers are nice chaps because they get caught by test purchase officers Nobody argues the cowboys caught by Watchdog are fine upstanding builders because they have been trapped by a sting.

Would the lady in the pics or the security guard have acted had it been a man and a woman kissing in public ? From the little of life I have seen I guess the answer would be no.

aracer
    Free Member

No, but it does call into question whether there was a genuine problem for the two actors involved.

Stevet1
    Free Member

what is an “adult performance artist”? Seriously?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

As I said – if it was a stunt – so what?

It has succeeded in showing an unnecessarily petty-minded attitude both in Cardiff and perhaps here too?

The adult thing if you don’t approve, is to ignore them.

bearnecessities

Heh 😀

Marin
    Free Member

Doesn’t bother me. Make love not war.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m not sure either would be appropriate at the Cardiff food festival.

bearnecessities

^ Make loaf, hot boar?

Cougar

[Like]

slowoldman

I’ve changed my mind. The whole thing is a publicity stunt.

No shit?

Anyway, I don’t fancy yours.

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘overt displays of affection in public’ is closed to new replies.