Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Oversize baggage collection (1st timer)
  • professor_fate
    Free Member

Taking my bike with me to Geneva with Easyjet. This is my first time flying with a bike, so my Newbie question is “where do i collect it from?” – assuming it is collected from an Oversize Baggage bay/counter. I ask as i’ve not noticed such a collection point – snowboards etc i’ve travelled with before just come out on the regular luggage carousel, what about bikes?

legend
    Free Member

In Geneva skis/boards come out from a wee conveyor on your right hand side as you come through from Passport Control (unless it’s changed). The bikes wont come out the conveyor but they will just bring them on a trolley to this area (been a few years since i flew with a bike, doubt this has changed though)

Every airport is a little different, so the service may be different when you fly back to the UK

Liftman

Go past the regular luggage carousel and the over size luggage carousel is at the far end

chris36860
    Free Member

We did the same last week with EasyJet and can’t compliment them enough. At Gatwick a lady came over and took us to the front of the huge queue. Then we took the bikes ( under 32Kg in a bag ) to the over sized luggage man ( right hand side of desks ) and that was it. Bikes arrived with bags totally unmarked via the oversized baggage counter that is situated half way down on the right of the baggage hall in Geneva. On return the bikes came out of a set of doors to the side of our reclaim belt, again with no damage. Just make sure that the bike bag only has the bike and spares in, and not clothing. We took another hold bag each of 18Kg giving us a total of 50Kg each plus hand luggage.

Easy!!! Enjoy, the riding is awesome!!

professor_fate
    Free Member

Cheers all! Odd that i have to Oversize Baggage my big ‘ol Bergen (due to the straps, apparently) so i know where that is at Gatwick, yet it comes out the regular luggage at the destination… Seems pretty straightforward 🙂

labsey
    Free Member

Flew into Geneva with Skis in Feb. They just brought all the oversize stuff out on a trolley into the same room as the baggage collection. Took a bit of time though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Oversize baggage collection (1st timer)’ is closed to new replies.