Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Overshoes…Do any last more than a few weeks???
  • JB
    Free Member

Anyone ever found a set that last more that just a few weeks before shredding themselves?

jordie
    Free Member

if you can avoid walking in them yes but my top tip for repairing them is dental floss as thread.Oh i bought a pair of winter boots 3 years ago after getting fed up with them

postierich
    Free Member

You want to try riding the bike up the hills and not pushing the bike up!

JB
    Free Member

Steady-on Postie!!! 😉

Bert
    Free Member

I thought the same thing after my MT500's ripped after 2 rides. I took them back to my LBS thinking I had a faulty pair, but was told that I would be lucky to get 1 winter out of them, and to expect them to be wrecked after a few months use.

allthepies
    Free Member

postie +1

They're fine if you ride your bike rather than push it 😈

chorlton
    Free Member

Don't bother. Apart from the the fact that they make you look like a two legged shire horse, they're crap.
    Just get some sealskinz.

Whyte1
    Free Member

My Shimano PRO seem really tough up to now

trail_rat
    Free Member

altura neoprenes – no zips no mess

ive got 2 pairs both still in active service – one pair did 3500 miles round new zealand with me – the other has survived 2 singlespeed strathpuffers(one of them solo) and 3 winters of crud.

Pre this i tried all your fancy mtb ones – found although neoprene isnt waterproof it seems to be remarkably tough ! – i also have winter boots and have found my self wearing merino socks , shimano winter boots and overshoes on occasion – many layers are better than 1 thick mantra applies to feet too you know ….

Edric64
    Free Member

wear really thin neoprene socks instead of overshoes they will last then!!

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

On the road – yais. My rather tatty Deodara overshoes are 15 years old and still hanging together.

Off road: Forget it IMO. Get some over-sized winter boots and wear decent socks underneath.

JB
    Free Member

My boots are a bit too tight really, which is more that half the problem. Might have to try some neoprene…

stumpy01

I'm on my second winter with my Endura MT500's; they've worn through in one place, but that happened after a few rides & hasn't got any worse so I wonder if I didn't pull the sole on properly for that particular ride.

Reckon they're good for another season…..

A mate's got a pair & the sole's fine, but he's broken the zips – his are on the 2nd winter too…

Jamie
    Free Member

wear really thin neoprene socks instead of overshoes they will last then!!

After spending an hour defrosting my feet after yesterdays ride i might look into that suggestion. Cheers!

clubber
    Free Member

As above, on the road they last ages. Off road they're crap unless you ride the kind of trails where you never put a foot down. Winter shoes and waterproof socks are the answer.

Ed2001
    Free Member

As many have mentioned overshoes are for the road not mtb.

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

seal skins socks are the best off road i've found

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Overshoes…Do any last more than a few weeks???’ is closed to new replies.