Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Overshoes for commute
  • stusno
    Free Member

After a pair of overshoes to go over MTB shoes. These will be used only for commuting duties. Unfortunately budget won’t stretch to a full on winter boot.

Any recommendations?

Nobby

Be seen……

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve some Altura ones – can’t remember the model but they are slightly rubberised if that makes sense. For MTB shoes which are a bit wider (assuming you mean flats rather than SPD) then overshoes which aren’t pulled on like a sock will be better – they have a velcro strip across the instep to hold them in place.

Biggest improvement though is fitting full length mudguards if you don’t already have them, the water that comes up off the front wheel is aimed straight at your feet.

gwaelod
    Free Member

just ordered another pair of PlanetX Neoprene ones to replace the old ones which were chewed through by the rabbit. they are good and cheap.

£11:99

stusno
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

Have ordered the Planet X.

brakes
    Free Member

cheap is good when it comes to overshoes, particularly ones for commuting in, because they never last no matter how much you spend…

sirromj

If I used my Endura MT500 shoes for commuting in wet weather I’d need reserve an extra ten minutes in the morning for getting them on (just for it to stop raining). Probably used them twice in the three years I’ve had them.

walla24
    Free Member

i gave up an ordered some £10 aqua shoes from aliexpress….ideal!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Overshoes for commute’ is closed to new replies.