Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Overshoes – a worthwhile investment?
  • BoardinBob

It's wet today in Glasgow. I mean really wet. Probably the worst rain I've seen in a long time and my feet were drowned by the time I cycled to work.

Do overshoes work and are there any to avoid or particular ones I should look at?

slowjo
    Free Member

Put plastic carrier bags over your socks and your feet will stay dry… though ypur shoes will still be soaked through. I don't know that ay overshoe is completely waterproof.

Shak47

Endura MT500 overshoes and a pair of sealskins for me this morning in glasgow, sure I rode by some ducks on Greta Western Road as well,managed to get to work with dry feet, an achievement in itself.
    I used to just use the sealskins but the overshoes do help a lot, worth getting.

ollie
    Free Member

I've found them great for commuting on wet days, People say they don't last long but mine are 3yrs old and still going strong.
    I shouldn't imagine they'd last to long off road though.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

altura city shield here, cope with monstrous amounts of rain.

they do look a bit special though 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh bob it's been very wet over the past week – these heavy showers are mental. I'm using endura mt500 overshoes, normal overshoes don't stand up very well to commuting as you put a foot down a lot so the toe gets worn. Overshoes aren't completely waterproof but with them and full guards I stay fairly dry.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, I have a pair of Alturas as well. Look stupid, but are great for warm/dry feet in winter. I even use mine for long haul off road stuff in the winter, as long as it's not somewhere I'll have to be getting off and walking!

turboferret

Endura ones for my, quite probably the MT500.

Resisted for ages as I thought they looked ridiculous, but a convert now, and really like them.

The neoprene ones keep your feet warm as well as dry, the gore-tex type ones just keep your feet dry.

My neoprene ones mean that I can use the one pair of road shoes all year round without getting frozen toes.

Cheers, Rich

stumpy01

I like overshoes – even though they do make you look a bit noddy.

I use the endura MTB ones and off-road they don't last long – the tread on the shoe pushes through the material & makes holes – but they are definitely worth it to keep your feet dry & warm in the winter.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Overshoes – a worthwhile investment?’ is closed to new replies.