Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Overseas riding destinations, recommendations please
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

So, We have done the Passportes the last 3 years, and the surrounding areas and it’s getting a bit, you know, dull.. 😕
    I would like somewhere warm, June-Sept time, not so much DH but more flowey, swoopy singletrack. Uplifts not essential as we don’t mind a pedal, but would like to see a return for the effort…don’t mind hiring a guide either.
    So where and who do you recommend?

Thank you

Steve.

Yetiman
    Free Member

A few of us are going to try the Czech Republic next month with Ride Czech http://www.rideczech.com/riding-carpathian-beskydy.html . It looks like there’s a good mix of trails in what the website describes as “a mini Canada”, and I’m sure the beer will be good. I cant wait.

stewartc
    Free Member

Isn’t MOAB on everyone’s list, its definitely on mine when I get the cash/divorce?
    Did a few days at Fujimi MTB park in Japan in May, although not what you are looking for riding wise it was a was good fun, ride all day, hit the hot springs, knock back some sake then crash in a little traditional cottage, highly recommended.
    Heard that Nepals a real eye opener and something I hope to do in the next couple of years, makes change from Europe or the states,….http://www.spiceroads.com/tours/pokhara.

ianv
    Free Member

Southern France Allos/Haute Verdon. The bike park itself is more enduro style tracks than DH and some of the other stuff in the area is just ace (3 awesome descents from the col d’allos. V-topo guide Alpes de haute Provence has loads of routes. My favourite place in the alps great riding, beautiful scenery and guaranteed sunshine.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Enduro-World-Series-Round-Two-Val-DAllos-Saturday-Racing.html gives you an idea of what its like.

If you wanted a guide, there is a company called Peps spirit that operates in the area, they are something to do with the organiser of the EWC and they were doing bus uplifts to the col d’allos when I was there.

Capacir/Cardagne in the Pyrenees Orientale is another good destination and Les Angle, Ax Les Thermes and La Molina all have enduro style riding off the lifts as well as good riding outside the bike parks. Weather is usually good as well.

Mackem
    missnotax
    Free Member

Verbier is very good (went with Bike Verbier) and also Spain – just back from a thoroughly enjoyable week with BasqueMTB. Doug is an absolute star.

Can’t report on Moab but booked flights out there yesterday for October and I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Have you considered Garda?
    Warm climate. Italian Food. German beer. Riding to suit all tastes.
    Sorted.

Bikemagic review of garda here

plumber
    Free Member

of the places I’ve been to

Squamish
    Jumping Pound ridge Calgary
    Rivierabike
    Les Houches
    Kicking Horse

ianv
    Free Member

Moab is too hot in the summer and although the scenery is beautiful, the riding is not as good as a lot of places I have been.

Colorado is pretty good though

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Overseas riding destinations, recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.