Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Overseas aid.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

I saw last night, that there are 350,000 people in this country relying on food banks to survive.

Why are we still giving money to countries who can afford their own nuclear armaments?

Just asking, like.

Cougar

I’ll put the kettle on.

maccruiskeen

Starts stopwatch – how long til someone used the phrase ‘Charity begins at home’ in a context that reads as ‘Charity begins, and ends, at home’

Sancho
    Free Member

we can’t afford our own nuclear armaments is more the point.
    buy one less missile (that can never be used) and problem solved

kimbers

overseas aid is irrelevant
    the government could easily afford to buy food for these people, instead
    they spunk 10 million on a funeral

binners

We give money to countries with darker people in them so they think we’re all lovely, and not at all the type of country they want to come and blow themselves up in. Thats it, isn’t it?

And to be fair Wopster, those 350,000 people are probably those dreadful council estate types I’ve read so much about recently. With their 11 kids by 15 different fathers, Sky Ready meals, Lambert and Butler subscriptions and dogging and cider expeditions. They deserve everything they get, quite frankly. Even if thats a Pot Noodle

Junkyard
    Free Member

Why are we still giving money to countries who can afford their own nuclear armaments?

Just asking, like.

I think it is Dave attempt to annoy the Daily Mail readers.

TBH I have no idea why he has taken such a noble and principled stance that annoys his core supporters and seems to be against so many Tory values — any ideas Whoppit? I do hope it is religious in nature though 😉

Ps he is stopping aid to India by 2015

nick1962
    Free Member

You’d think Call Me Dave might have mentioned spending priorities to the Indian Government on his recent trip there rather than try and flog them Typhoon figters.

zokes
    Free Member

You’d think Call Me Dave might have mentioned spending priorities to the Indian Government on his recent trip there rather than try and flog them Typhoon figters.

Which raises an interesting question in itself. Whilst I do get the idea that the UK arms industry makes cmd lots of cash, why are we selling what is our top end defence to all and sundry?

binners

Do you think the Typhoons that we’re flogging to all and sundry will be the exact same ones the RAF are using? I have a little suspicion there may be one of too slight alterations in the spec

Junkyard
    Free Member

They are capitalists they will.sell.anything to anyone see Tobacco or any other number of immoral goods legally sold

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Do you think they would really listen ?

The purpose of Government overseas aid is the hope that one day it will be remembered when the recipients start to grow and look overseas for goods and investment.
    Selling military aircraft is win, win. The aircraft, the parts, the training.

Morality does`nt get a look in.

wrecker
    Free Member

Sky Ready meals, Lambert and Butler subscriptions and dogging and cider expeditions.

Sounds alright to me!

chewkw
    Free Member

Bribery in the form of aid in return for some inward investment favour.

If individual company does that it’s called kickback.

If you do that it’s immoral and may be jailed.

Put it this way the money is going to some despot minor leaders anyway and everyone knows it.

🙄

MrWoppit
    Free Member

binners wins.

Fine use of multiple allusion connecting race/religion subtexts followed by pithy reference to perceived notions of chav culture linking to suggestion of “life on benefits”.

10/10. 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Overseas aid.’ is closed to new replies.