Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Overpriced stuff!
  • whitestone
    Free Member

Yeah, introductory pricing is different again, sort of a loss leader to drum up interest I suppose. Has to be along the lines of “This will be going on sale at £60 but for a limited time (to the end of this month) it is available for £45” then hope that the early adopters praise it enough that you can increase the price.

squoglybob
    Free Member

Oakleys , sorry , I paid £230 for my x metal Juliets in 2002 , just had all the gaskets done for free at Oakley , and was offered $600 fo4r them in the Oakley store in Universal in Florida , best money ive ever spent ,bomb proof.

Ive copied the above from a post earlier as i cant Quote?

As for overpriced stuff Stans valves 8.99 each? and almost every thing with Hope laser etched on it

Steve, EXACTLY The same as you, X Metal XX, Offered $750 Dollars for them in the EXACT same store UNIVERSAL Florioda

So i flogged them and bought the New version Badman or something? About £350 over here. I think the X Metal XX cost me £275 about 2003 – 2004? Not a bad investment to say ive had them all that time, apparently quite rare and very collectable.

DezB
    Free Member

Certain branded down jackets and outdoor wear are hilariously priced.

SportPursuit had a brand called “Yeti” (here) and the RRPs were amazing.
    Same goes for Spyder, Rab, Haglofs etc. Manufacturers must piss emselves at what self-proclaimed rich folk are prepared to pay to have their logo on something just to show how much they’ve spent.

johni
    Free Member

Powerlinks for 11 speed chains

stevedoc
    Free Member

“Steve, EXACTLY The same as you, X Metal XX, Offered $750 Dollars for them in the EXACT same store UNIVERSAL Florioda

So i flogged them and bought the New version Badman or something? About £350 over here. I think the X Metal XX cost me £275 about 2003 – 2004? Not a bad investment to say ive had them all that time, apparently quite rare and very collectable”

Still got mine and going anywhere, might have swapped for the watch though 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

If you fancy a decent sized headache – take a good look at pricing structures for really big brands who almost sell on brand alone – the actual cost of manufacturing, packaging, transport and retailer margin are usually below 20% of the cost of it – the rest (profits aside) are spent on marketing the stuff.

Coke and Pepsi costs a couple of pence a litre to produce, the bottle/can costs about the same. It costs more to move it, than to make it. But it’s still only a small fraction of the selling price so the volume it sells at really doesn’t matter than much – hence you get such odd pricing.

hooli

Anything with a superdry logo

takisawa2

Ink cartridges. £20 for a few CC’s of ink.!!!
    Robbing gets I tell ye.

sweepy
    Free Member

Anything with a superdry logo

And most of it isn’t even waterproof

hora
    Free Member

Any VW product.

ferrals
    Free Member

Kelly Slater (worlds most sucessful pro surfer) has started a clothing brand called outer known. It looks like m&s but it is £350 for a jumper – because it’s ethical and Eco don’t you know. Although how a bloke who flies round the world on a weekly basis can care about Eco is beyond me!

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Overpriced stuff!’ is closed to new replies.