Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Overheard at FOD today
  • santacoops
    Free Member

Snobbery. Thread should finish now. Forget willy waving. Forget bling. Just ignore and do your own thing.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sue_W FTW!

That’s what it’s all about! 🙂

superfli
    Free Member

I’ve been to Brechfa, Afan+Cwmcarn in S.Wales and would only consider Afan to be fairly rocky. Mid Wales has more rocky trail centres (CdB+Mach).
    As for which I like.. depends on the day, sometimes techy rocky trails, sometimes faster flowing smooth trails. Each to their own, nowt to do with what you ride or skill level.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Thanks CFH!

Oh, and last weekend I also went out with the road racing whippets on my cx bike with pannier rack … and kept up with the middle of the pack 🙂

Frankly, if it’s got two wheels and pedals, and you’re having fun, who cares how ‘appropriate’ your bike is?

mrseymour
    Free Member

FFS Just ride your bike, whatever it is whatever it cost is irrelevant, and no one’s business but yours. I ride because it is a complete grin, not to sneer at others who are doing the same.

Why not just keep your small minded comments to yourself.

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

I prefer smooth trails with the odd jumps, don’t need as much skill for that as riding anything technical! I was at coedy brennin a few week ago and I can’t imagine anything more technical than that! And those who say trail centres are rubbish can’t have ridden there, surely. Natural trails just arent as technical as coedy brennin! I think I’ll stick to Surrey hills and leave those northern monkeys to ride the hard stuff, they have far more skills than us mere southerners!! 😆

meddle
    Free Member

Is Afan really that rocky? only a couple of bits.

Feel a bit self-concious at times on my entry level HT seeing people roll up here with mega bikes however I’ve found once you talk to them they’re down to earth and helpful to beginners and generally just glad more people are taking to the sport they love. Just my experience so far.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“I think flowy trails are more fun on a hardtail. “

I tend to agree. And I can understand why people prefer fast smoother trails with tonnes of corners and jumps to straight rocky bridleways. Personally I like variety.

“Natural trails just arent as technical as coedy brennin! “

Eh? I think cyb is heavily armoured and more comfy with suspension. Apart from one or two pieces it’s only a red trail. There are far more tricky segments even on my local hill in Somerset.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Some sensitive little souls in here today!

bobbyspangles

there needs to be a new term coined.

i think the ‘jeremy clarkson effect’?

i will and always will snigger at ‘all the gear no idea’ riders while probabaly being one myself-its called insecuriy and jeleaousy, all part of lifes rich tapestry.
    there will always be examples of ‘i have a perfectly good reason’ people but most of the time they are not.

if we all stopped worrying about who we are , what we ride and how we look life could be so much simpler however we do not its hard wired into us all so unless you are a 12 level budhhist monk…..

wind your neck in.

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

“Natural trails just arent as technical as coedy brennin! “
    Eh? I think cyb is heavily armoured and more comfy with suspension. Apart from one or two pieces it’s only a red trail. There are far more tricky segments even on my local hill in Somerset.
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO #

I was surprised at how rocky coedy brennin was! Its supposed to be a “trail” centre NOT a downhill course. Far too dangerous for the average cyclist.

singlespeedstu

I was surprised at how rocky coedy brennin was! Its supposed to be a “trail” centre NOT a downhill course. Far too dangerous for the average cyclist.

Fantastic work. 😆

bobbyspangles

dont worry he is a bit special

bigjim

Maybe just leave people be to enjoy riding what they like to ride? CyB is certainly rockier than anything I ride up here so an inexperienced biker might prefer smoother trails, and there isn’t anything wrong with that.

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

singlespeedstu – Member
    Fantastic work.
    POSTED 8 HOURS AGO #

Care to explain? 🙄

singlespeedstu

I thought you were taking the piss.
    Having just looked at some of your other posts though i think bobbyspangles post is fairly accurate.

hugor
    Free Member

Cmon man that’s nasty.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Many years ago i went to CyB on the train from Kent with my fully rigid Rockhopper…. it was the only trail centre back then and it was pretty imtimadating as i’d only been riding for a few months, a pair of guys came past me on Marin full sussers…. i was blown away by their speed and ability as well as thier bikes.

Now i ride anything from Blue runs to DH on my Evil Sov or my Zesty depending on what I fancy…. i’m quick, not super quick but quick…. I have studied and had coaching and work at improving my technique and absolutely love riding a bike.

So what am I getting at…. my point is that we all start somewhere and we all have our preferences…. for me a good bike is one that gets ridden, not one sitting in the garage…

i was sat down in peaslake enjoying one of the excellent cheesestraws when a guy pulled up on a rather nice Spicy and starting complaining to his friends that Barrys was getting to rough over the roots…. I had a little smile to myself as i’m only human but hey…. each to their own.

As for whether it is right or wrong to take the rise… same applies, not my way.

Final note…. i have found everyone i’ve met biking have been friendly and helpful, I have enjoyed the sense of community and expect to continue doing so.

MTBing = 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

That is not nice!

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

bobbyspangles – Member
    POSTED 12 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Thanks for the kind words, my grandma always said I was special too.

reitton
    Free Member

Haha It’s similar to what i read over at overheardwhat.com

Guy passing another guy in a race.

Guy 1: “Oh hi how’s it going…hey where’s your wife?”
    Guy 2: “She left me”
    Guy 1: “Ohmygod that’s awful when did that happen”
    Guy 2: “no literally, she ran cross country in college she’s like 3 miles up ahead or somewhere. I can’t keep up with her”

😀

M6TTF
    Free Member

I love smooth trails, I also love rocky trails. It’s more rocky than smooth round here. I dont love the beating my frame and wheels take from rocky trails 😐

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Overheard at FOD today’ is closed to new replies.