Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Overbiked commuter
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I am tempted to ride my Patriot to work since it’s the only MTB I have with me. I could shred a lot of farm tracks I think which would be quite nice, but it’d take frigging ages 🙂

thebunk

GaryLake – Member
    Bristol??

Bath actually. Have you seen him in Bristol? That’s a hell of a journey…

GaryLake
    Free Member

Yeah, Kona Stinky or somewhat, saddle/post-less, Met Parachute.

Haven’t seen him in a while, might have moved.

thebunk

Phew.

I was worried that you were him, and you were about to rant on about how it was your only bike etc, and it was good for your fitness, and you were on your way to some big DH track anyway, and that you’d given your saddle to an orphan, so there.

duckman

Actually, The bloke was easily in his late 50’s and didn’t look like he got much exercise,although he is using a hard hat as a helmet,so hard to tell. TBH I was actually thinking he had decided to ride to work (small town)and taken his son’s bike, not realising a) how much work it would be, b)how much it was worth.Since we live on the edge of the biggest tidal basin in Scotland,the chances of him hitting the local downhill track were discounted straight away.I will give him his due,I have seen him most mornings for the last couple of weeks,but it does not look like it is getting any easier.

tomaso
    Free Member

A guy passes me going the other way on the cyclepath on a very normal hybrid wearing a full face lid. Always strikes me as a little odd.

As for over biked I did once run an old set of RS Judy triple clamps on my retired Klein that had been relegated to slick tyred commuting journeys. It handled subway staircases very nicely.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Overbiked commuter’ is closed to new replies.