Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • overall diameter 650b+ / 29er
  • bothybiker
    Free Member

Hi all,

Hoping someone can advise on this. On a bike that can take 29 x 2.4″ rim/tyre combo, any idea what would fit in the way of 27.5+ ? I believe a lot of them are 2.8 tyres, which sounds much wider but clearance wise possibly aren’t?

Any thoughts?

chiefgrooveguru

It’s the width that’s the fit challenge – the diameter of 27.5×2.8 tyres is closer to 27.5×2.4 than it is to 29×2.4

That shouldn’t be a great surprise when the true diameter of 27.5 rims is 584mm, 29 are 622mm, but you’re only talking about 10mm difference in sidewall height between large normal tyres and typical plus tyres and thus 20mm change in diameter.

scotroutes

Overall diameter will be around 20mm less for the 27.5. That will obviously reduce your BB height by half that.

Width will be an issue, especially if you are running multiple rings up front.

bothybiker
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Will need to source a set and trial fit I think. Will be 1×10/11 so one less issue there.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I have this on a camber evo . It fits 2.8 on the rear and I doubt 3.0 would fit. A lot of 29er forks take 3.0 as well especially dt swiss in my experience.

davros

How does the B+ Camber Evo ride fd3chris? I’ve got one and assumed B+ would make the bottom bracket too low as I get loads of pedal strikes riding mine. What tyres and fork are you using?

Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘overall diameter 650b+ / 29er’ is closed to new replies.