Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Over-trouser type things, talk to me. Are cheap ones as good?
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

The only way I'm gonna get out is with some mud/waterproof trousery things. There's some cheapo ones on CRC around £30. Any reccommendations?

doug_basqueMTB.com

I got free ones from Stiff a while ago. Fox ones. They're abysmal! You get wet instantly!!

I still wear them though because they mean that you can take them off and you're clean underneath.

So depends what you're wanting them for. Cheap ones will keep you clean if you have to get into a vehicle or something after a ride but they're not going to keep you nice and warm and dry!

Tracey

Army camo gortex from ebay works wonders for us

Tracey

theflatboy
    Free Member

tracey, about those trousers: what's the cut like on the leg area, ie. are they massively baggy because they're overtrousers or are they cut more just like a regular jeansy type arrangement, bagginess-wise?

andywarner
    Free Member

i just got some army surplus waterproof overtrousers from ebay for £6. the fit seems good – i'll be wearing a pair of trackies underneath – but i've not ridden in them yet. i'm aiming on trying them tonight so i'll let you know.

fenix
    Free Member

Is it worth paying more for the goretex versions ?

andywarner
    Free Member

if the cheeper ones keep you dry then i can't see why

takisawa2

Desert Camo' trousers here, bought for £5.01 from Ebay.
    Cut just below the knee, worn on very wet ride on Chase on Friday.
    Bottom stayed nice & dry, great tip.
    Only downside…not being biking specific means the back is a bit lower & can become exposed. Not really an issue though.
    That aside, spot-on.

Tracey

Wear mine over my baggy shorts and they fit OK

Tracey

fastindian
    Free Member

£15 for a pair of regatta walkers overtrousers, used em for the last 4 winters dry as a bone and not that sweaty, winner. Just re proof them at the start of winter and your laughing!

therealhoops
    Free Member

Decathlon-overtrouser-tastic!! £15
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/city-overtrousers-3902990/

I'll need some clippy thingies, but hey-hoo.

andywarner
    Free Member

my trackies were quite damp by the end of the ride 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Over-trouser type things, talk to me. Are cheap ones as good?’ is closed to new replies.