• This topic has 35 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by 66deg.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Over the bars.
  • jakeyo1
    Free Member
    Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

hope your ok, looks like you hit the tree? Wasnt the trail wide enough LoL

jedi

cheeky root to pedal interface

jakeyo1
    Free Member

Oh it was plenty wide enough, Im just not very good lol.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Don’t look at the tree 😆
    You looked at the tree……

deluded
    Free Member

We’ve all been there – horrible feeling.

I dislocated both shoulders after an OTB. I was knackered and my riding had become ragged.

matther01
    Free Member

Oof…pedal hit the tree?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

You made exactly the same noise as me when I went otb. Odd that. 🙂

jakeyo1
    Free Member

yep, pedal hit the tree root.
    Ive never made that noise before, only when i come off my bike, very odd.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Please confirm you are ok before we take the mick

br
    Free Member

Please confirm you are ok before we take the mick

Or once settled in A&E 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I normally say either ‘oh’ or nothing followed by ooooof.

jakeyo1
    Free Member

completely fine guys. Not a scratch on me. Only a broke spoke.
    so laugh away guilt free.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Looks like one of those moments when your like ‘Yes this is an easy bit, don’t need to concentrate hard’ then boom!

thegreatape
    Free Member

I can only assume the tree took offence at your pink shorts and stuck his leg out as you passed.

dannyh
    Free Member

Ha ha. Exact same noise I made going OTB about three weeks ago. I hit something that I didn’t see and was up and out the front door before my subconscious could access the ‘suitable swear word’ folder. Glad to hear you are OK. I landed like a bag of shit, held myself still for the usual three seconds waiting for the pain to register. Luckily only a bit from the outside of my right thigh. A decent bruise, but nothing serious.

It certainly gets your attention when it happens.

danbo
    Free Member

You need to trim your bracken, and raise your camera angle a bit 😉

jakeyo1
    Free Member

There Is a lot of things I need to do judging from this video. Tips welcome.

garage-dweller

Ow!

dannyh
    Free Member

Be aware of where your feet and hands are!

That’s actually a serious point, and a key skill for riding natural trails in particular. Knowing if you’re going to strike a pedal if you put in a pedal stroke at a given point is invaluable, as is knowing if you’re going to clip the end of the handlebars. I got a shorter fork during the summer and I have had to recalibrate my pedal-rock awareness due to the drop in bb height.

I think a lot of people just don’t think this way when they are on a bike.

rob8624
    Free Member

I had a similar OTB about six months ago on the Graveyard section at Afan. I was coasting along the trail and my mind started drifting off, lost concentration for a second, my pedal clipped the right hand side and ended up with a fractured arm. Easily done.

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WPSP6Tg-iY[/video]

maxtorque

It but a mere flesh wound, check out these guys going OTB properly!

Urban Downhill On the Wild Side

CAUTION: Contains terrible Music Content…… 😉

ricky1
    Free Member

I had 2 OTB’s in November,torn shoulder ligament and lucky it wasn’t a broken collar bone,all jokes aside there’s a massive crack in my headgear shed it saved my head on impact.

ricky1
    Free Member

I had 2 OTB’s in November,torn shoulder ligament and lucky it wasn’t a broken collar bone,all jokes aside there’s a massive crack in my headgear shed it saved my head on impact.

devs
    Free Member

My last OTB from a couple of angles from around 3:20. I have at least one a month 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L1Pcye5IEk[/video]

TrekEX8
    Free Member

Glad you’re ok.
    I normally have about one a year, but last one broke 3 vertebrae – no MTBing for me since, miss it like hell.
    Take it easy out there….

Xylene
    Free Member

Years back, my mate, while riding at Thrunton woods, after a dry season, decided to be cheeky and race ahead.

Those of you that know Thrunton, after the cairn, and down through the tracks with the rain gulleys.

He vanished from site. I caught up to see his bike tangled around his legs and he was upside down, quiet. Which was what worried me.

Got to him, spoke and he was okish, worked out how to untangle the bike without moving him too much as he was worried about the large cracking sound he heard when he went OTB and interfaced with the ground, actually the ground inside the rain gulley.

Got him out, and he was sore, a bit shaken, and really worried that the crack had been vertebrae or something else.

Crack turned out to be the back of his helment, sheared up the back with the force of the impact, plastic tighteners had ripped open against the ratchet, and it was just flapping away.

That was just a cheap and nasty halfords special helmet. He spent a decent amount on a good helmet after that. Really appreciated it.

6079smithw
    Free Member

Wouldn’t happen on a 29er

JoeG
    Free Member

6079smithw – Member

Wouldn’t happen on a 29er

Surely, you mean 650b! 🙄 The trail would come alive! 😉

unovolo
    Free Member

This is how you do it properly
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmy3oAuWWBo[/video]

benne
    Free Member

Ouch.

Lifer
    Free Member

maxtorque – Member
    CAUTION: Contains terrible Music Content……

But it’s Pantera? 😐

jakeyo1
    Free Member

So I shouldn’t feel bad for going OTB then? seems to be the done thing.

chakaping
    Free Member

Get some kneepads.

Especially if you’re gonna keep filming yr riding, you know it makes you fall off more don’t you?

66deg
    Free Member

I try not to do it but sometimes shit happens.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ng9n5gIgDVM[/video]

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Over the bars.’ is closed to new replies.