Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Over-pronation (running content, abuse optional this time)
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

Idiot, hope you punched him. I’ve just got yellow ones, which seem to be attracting wasps in the office at the mo.
    Yeah I was concerned about narrowness, and bought a size one larger than norm at first, but inov8 seem to have made these a bit longer than ones i’ve had in the past, so there were comically long. I’ve now got my normal size and although they look narrow, they feel ok at the mo. I think because the fabric’s pretty floppy the foot can expand either side of the sole.

Jamie
    Free Member

Btw – Inov8 shoes off-road only?

I use these for hardpack and road:

…which is rare. Falling over tree roots is much more fun.

Sidenote: They were surprisingly good on the ice last winter.

stever
    Free Member

He’s still in the server room. I might let him out tonight, he’s got family after all. Vis a vis the red ones – good data, don’t know anyone wearing them yet, so useful to know.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Yep – my Mudclaws (size 9) looks like canoes too.

Lovely run just now – high tide so the river looked lush, nice and cool, super sunny. If the ground was a bit drier it would have been perfect!

Lucas
    Free Member

My runs are half on and half off road (V muddy at this time of year), salomons fit me well, but the XT wings I’ve currently got arn’t grippy enough – how do those speed cross soles last on the tarmac?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Lucas – not had them long and only about 1km of my usual run is tarmac but so far so good. They grip very well on almost anything – worth at least looking at and trying on.

Lucas
    Free Member

I keep looking at these and others with more aggressive tread and wondering if they’d be good for me. Thinking about it the route with the worst mud only has about 1.5km of tarmac (out of a 4 to 8 km total). I could wear the XT wings for other runs with more hard pack and tarmac. The problem with the mud is that I often run after work so its dark and I’d rather concentrate on where I’m going than not slipping over.

Last 3 runs (and the next 3) have been along playa de las cantaras (3.5 km long beach) in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria so no mud to be seen at all 😆

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Well I’ve used mine on the beach several times too!

Judging by your description of yours runs, I’d say they’d be ideal for you.

For shoe bores like me, I got some Haglof “approach” shoes recently:

They are the first pair of shoes of these type that I’ve had stick like sh1t to a blanket on wet rocks and grass. Heat moulded sole is brilliant (stick the sole in the oven then mould it) and very comfy.

A bit off topic but I’m very very impressed! They make Merrels look very silly indeed too.

molgrips
    Free Member

Right, well I just bought some Innov8 shoes.

Came to work this morning for the week, then we’re leaving from here to fly off on hols where my race is next week. So I was planning to do quite a few runs this week and then rest up next week. Only I forgot my shoes… Managed to get to a running shop but I really didn’t want to buy a second pair of shoes the same so I got some trail shoes.

Very impressed with the soft upper and lacing system. Managed to mould it to my foot very snugly just by adjusting laces.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Doh! Which Inov8s? They do loads of “models!”

molgrips
    Free Member

Er, I don’t actually know 🙂

Let me look.

Terroc 330 I think, with no arrows on the heel.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Good all rounders.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ll hit the dirt with them as soon as I get back I think.

Managed to save a whole 3s per km off my local loop on Saturday. I need to find another 27s/km before next Thursday…

IanMunro
    Free Member

Beer and amphetamines will be your salvation 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh yeah, of course. No-one will drug test me!

I’m hoping the complete lack of elevation will be enough. Although realistically I think I’ll come in 42-43 mins.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ran in the Innov8 Terroc 330s last night. Very nice at first, if a little squirrely on certain bits of tarmac; although insane grip on the soft wet grass. There does indeed seem to be a fair bit of spring in the soles as per their marketing stuff.

By the end of the run though I was pretty tired – dunno if it was the lack of cushioning or just me being crap.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Mol – bear with them. My Inov8 Mudclaws took a good half dozen runs to get used to.

Oddly my Salomon Speedcross 2s took NO runs to get used to despite also being “hardcore” trail running shoes.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think I might follow the instructions for moulding the heel to my foot.

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Over-pronation (running content, abuse optional this time)’ is closed to new replies.