Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Oven thermostats – anybody know about them?
  • aracer
    Free Member

Our fan oven has stopped heating to the correct temperature – the thermostat is cutting out early. It has a thermostat very similar to this: http://www.mecserflex.co.uk/shop/pc/E-55-13054-050-Thermostat-1231p6086.htm – though that’s not the exact model number and appears to be a slightly different temperature range. Nothing obviously wrong with it that I can see from inspection, and I can’t work out why it would just go wrong – it is still operating, as it switches the oven on and of, just at too low a temperature.

Is there anything I can do to fix it, or is it essentially not serviceable and I have to buy a new one (mrs aracer wants to buy a new oven 🙄 )?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ve never seen an oven thermostat that works. Pop a hanging thermometer in there and see what the score is.

cb

Is it deffo the thermastat? Any heat at all – I’ve had the element go in mine before and its an easy fix.

turin
    Free Member

If the oven is heating and then just switching off its more than likely going to be the thermostat.

It should be straight forward to swap the thermostat, certainly worth trying before splashing out on a new oven.

Give the company a call, they will probably know the correct thermostat for your oven. If not try these guys [/url] they are pretty helpful and know their stuff.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

From an electrical safety perspective i would expect a thermostat to fail in the safety mode ie make the feed to the elements open circuit .
    If it continues to operate without the thermostat functioning correctly you will have a possibility of overheating which could further damage your oven.

aracer
    Free Member

Thanks all – nobodys managed to fix a dodgy thermostat then? Problem is, at £70+ for a thermostat, mrs aracer reckons we should just pay £400 for a new oven rather than replace that.

Pretty sure it’s the thermostat – it is heating, but just not as much as it should before it cuts off. I have the model number – it’s the same as in the link above but with an 040 at the end instead of 050 (I couldn’t find one of those online when I searched, though I guess if I spoke to somebody at a supplier I might have more luck).

The trouble with the oven thermometer option is that the oven’s not even heating up that much when I whack it on as high as it will go (and until a couple of days ago it was working just fine to cook stuff, so there wasn’t anything majorly wrong with it).

cb

espares will have the part and probably a vid showing you how to replace

tonto
    Free Member

I have replaced one before, was fairly straightforward.

aracer
    Free Member

Thanks again, everybody – have done a bit more searching on the basis on info provided and it looks like I can get a replacement Stoves part for just over £30 – quite a contrast to £70+ for what appears to be virtually (if not exactly) the same thing sold directly as an Ego part.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Oven thermostats – anybody know about them?’ is closed to new replies.